Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 47 of 58
aeronautic wrote:
I didn't know there was a full world beyond Tamriel.
This is a map made by PsymonStark and I thought it was his own idea, but then I don't follow any fantasy films or stories so I know virtually nothing of the maps and worlds.

Make a quick sketch of what it looks like and will look like as a risk map with territories and regions and post it here, see if it gathers any interest.

If you are graphics orientated and it has interest, perhaps then you would like to tackle making it within the guidelines of the DXII Guide to Map Making
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
rodd wrote:
hello fellow riskers. i have many risk maps from strategy game network which folded over a year ago. i don't have the ability to make new maps but am willing to post these JPG Files if there is any easy way to do it.l tried to insert image on this post but couldn't. played on SGN site many years before it closed and am sure you will enjoy a lot of these maps. 
Hoodlum wrote:
hey rodd. thanks for supporting d12. sorry to hear about SGN.
to display a picture in the forums. you have to upload it to a picture hosting site. i use https://imgur.com/

here is a list of bb codes https://dominating12.com/tutorial/bbcode to work with. it's best to display them in a spoiler tag

eg
Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
While we certainly can take those maps as inspiration, it's unlikely we can use them as is on this website. Due to copyright issues, we can't just take an existing image and make a map out of it, unless the original owner agrees to the cartographer's terms of this website. This is why all maps on here are custom made for Dominating 12.

Figured I should give a heads-up just to set expectations, but it's always cool to see some ideas, and maybe create some inspiration for our map makers :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
It will be nice to see how other website's maps are constructed.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
rodd
hello fellow riskers. i have many risk maps from strategy game network which folded over a year ago. i don't have the ability to make new maps but am willing to post these JPG Files if there is any easy way to do it.l tried to insert image on this post but couldn't. played on SGN site many years before it closed and am sure you will enjoy a lot of these maps. 

I too played on SGN. Been a long time.
TachyonicNewt wrote:
I have an idea for a map.
A map with one(or a few/ territory in the center that borders most(or all) of the other territorys with maybe the exception of a few isolated islands.
TachyonicNewt wrote:
[image]
This is a rough sketch
The . Are part of the same group
The .. are part of the same group
Black is mountains/impassable
Blank is water
Groups with no number add 1
What do you think
elysium5 wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I can't see the image.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
TachyonicNewt
Map
if this does not work can someone tell me what i am doing wrong

You wish to host something from your own private location on your device, through the internet (URL) - that's not a real thing.
You should (for example) take the picture you have on your computer and upload it here: https://imgur.com/upload
Then once you've done that, you see exactly what the new link is for the thing you uploaded and then leave it here:

[.img]lala[./img] - img tags will work best imo (take out the .)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
ggg123 wrote:
Hi All

Suggestions, im happy to make them if i can learn how.

Vietnam and/or vietnam war.
Algerian war of independence / Battle of Algiers
Cuba and/or Cuban revolution 1958
Arab Fedayiin/Bedouin vs Ottomans/Axis (Hejaz / Jordan+Saudi)
Lebanon (just based on regions and districts)

Can any one let me know if there is interest in any of these?

Many thanks

ggg123
farspaceplace wrote:
well ggg123 - they are good ideas, but making just one map is a huge undertaking, not something u just do in a forthnight. (except for Hoodlum who just seems too spew them out).