Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 46 of 58
SpaceDragon2004 wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I am absolutely obsessed with the game series The Legend of Zelda and I was wondering maybe you guys could make a map of Hyrule (preferably the Hyrule from Ocarina of Time).

I would also like to suggest maybe making a map of Ireland (not with Britain and Scotland, though). I think that would be cool.

Thanks!
Seth
Seth
Cireon wrote:
Sadly Nintendo isn't known for its leniency when it comes to their intellectual property :(
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
MasterChef wrote:
I think a South Pacific map would be cool. It would have a feeling like the Timor Islands map but would be stretched out over an ocean.
Hawaii in the north, Papua New Guinea in the west, New Zealand in the south and Easter Island in the...weast. With plenty of island regions in between.

There are many islands to incorporate: https://images.app.goo.gl/yVmP58odzrVSJZZC8
Hoodlum wrote:
Oceania is a project i have been playing around with every now and then. this is my latest dabble with positioning of all the pacific to fit in the map. gameplay is another thing. drawing so many connection lines is a pain. here. i've broken up the regions as Australia. New Zealand + NZ associated islands. French Polynesia Islands, Indonesia, Micronesia and US islands.
i was gonna put easter island in the bottom right somewhere.

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
Crossword puzzle idea

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
MasterChef wrote:
Yes, the getting scale and gameplay just right for a map with so much surface area would be challenging. Looking good though! It might help by chopping off most of Australia and just showing an edge of QLD and NSW & VIC on the edge of the map. You wouldn't even need all of New Zealand either, just a portion of the North Island would be ok. Are there other existing maps that allow all territories to attack one another? That would make for some intriguing gameplay.
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
Oceania is a project i have been playing around with every now and then. this is my latest dabble with positioning of all the pacific to fit in the map. gameplay is another thing. drawing so many connection lines is a pain. here. i've broken up the regions as Australia. New Zealand + NZ associated islands. French Polynesia Islands, Indonesia, Micronesia and US islands.
i was gonna put easter island in the bottom right somewhere.

Spoiler (click to show)

Hawaii part of orange on the left or is it on its own?
vikingo1337 wrote:
How about a large map of France? It has it all; mountains, forests, plains, beaches, lakes, rivers, seas, an island... and lots of cheese and wine!
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Could be cool - I looked at the surrounding area and I thought it would play really well:

Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, E. Quebec, Maine (click to show)

Wouldn't know what to call it though.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

vikingo1337 wrote:
How about that France map, V? I think it could be magnifique.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i used to play a map like a crossword puzzle layout on a site that shut down last year. i have an image of it. can it be re-purposed here?
Live long and prosper
aeronautic wrote:
We get a lot of proposals for zany things to be used as a risk map, but we decided a few years ago to keep maps to actual maps, fictional or geographical and somewhere you can imagine a real sentient battle taking place.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
MINEmade wrote:
Hey I Want to make a map that is the FULL world of Tamriel (Skyrim Oblivian....) At least what we know of to today/when the map is done) I want to design/make the map but I'm wondering if people would like this idea? But not just stop at that with the clear regions but adding regions inside of the regions since if you played Skyrim you know that there are a different kind of races and different kind of kingdoms names places and with that different kind of regions I do know a lot about this and will learn more if people show interest in this