Graphical Update, gameplay is the same
  • 68 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
Matty wrote:
Its hard to see changes, so I might miss out some things, but heres what I have to say:

- I really really like the less obvious border. Its a perfect example of how a small change can make a map look alot better!
- I still dont like the dots at both ends of your connection lines.
Also, the connection line from Ejand (europe) to Sawwe* looks a bit weird how its connected with the exact point of Sawwe*. Maybe you should move the sawwe end a bit to the (north-)east.
And now I look at it, maybe the europe end just a bit (north-)west as well.
- I still think the map is a bit too grayish, or at least the land.
(The red looks a bit better I think??? Or is that just me)
- Title is better, but maybe a little bit darker? Not 100% sure though, maybe its just perfect this way.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
- I still dont like the dots at both ends of your connection lines.
-The greyish is not working for me..it looks like I have something on my glasses and I need to clean them. I just do not know what you did but just make the land stand out more without the softness on it.
-I like the ocean!

Looks better all around though.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
what does it look like with it on just the ocean?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Yes, thank you Vexer, that fixes it alright!
The land looks a bit too rough now, and the lines (and title?) can be a bit less black.

After that I would guess the map is finished, though even without it the maps looks really awesome!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
yeah i just jacked up the brightness and contrast on the jpg. Glanru can do it on individual layers so that the lines aren't so black. He can also reduce the opacity of the textures to make them less rough.
Thorpe wrote:
I would darken it on the ocean and drop the contrast also and that would fix it it.

What happen to the land looking raised...one of the things I like about the original.
Glanru wrote:
Latest update:

http://home.comcast.net/~bob.battle.scar/Images/Eld_World_Update_4.jpg

I preferred the dark look, but everyone claims that darkness looks grey. I think dark looks dark. Anyway, if I make any more changes it will start to look children cartoonishly bright.
Thorpe wrote:
So what you are saying is leave you alone?

I like Vexer's update better.
Cireon wrote:
Agreed, Vexer's version looks a bit more sharper.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Glanru, its not so much about darkness or brightness, as about fullnes of colours (I believe its called saturation)

If you look at Vexers version, its not brighter than yours, its sharper.

I think in the end you need something between your version and Vexers mod.
Fendi wrote:
I think this update is the best one yet. The region colours are not as pale as they used to be and the whole map has now a warm feeling to it.

About the sharpness, it could probably use some, just to give the map some more variation when it comes to the shadows.
Thorpe wrote:
Since you like the contrast of the greyness ...how about put the text layer above it?