a map where every map maker can contribute
  • 51 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
marcoxa wrote:
so i had this awesome idea for a map where we all the current map makers help make a map. we could have everyone create a territory or 2 or maybe even a whole region. then we could put it all together to make on big awesome map.

please share your ideas everyone. and tell me if your interested in joining the project if we decide to do it. 
Leedog wrote:
I'm assuming this would be a "self created" map like the Victron map where makers would create a territory or set of islands?

Far starters, unique idea!
marcoxa wrote:
so if everyone made an island how many territories would they allowed each?
PsymonStark wrote:
I could help you guys with this if you want, but now I'm with exams, so until July I won't be completely free...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Thorpe wrote:
do the frico map
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
it's kind of a weird way to collaborate and may end up really messy with parts not fitting. The way we have collaborated in the past was by one person supplying a texture layer, another the outline, another the title, another person does a river or bridge or mountain, someone else does the colors, yet another does the text, etc.
Votazap wrote:
@ vexer it's suppose to be a map where every map maker makes a a section based on his talent it's okay if it's messy infact if it all came together too well it wouldn't look like a mapmaker map I am not saying it will be bad quality I am saying it doesn't have to be perfect.
marcoxa wrote:
plus i'm sure it would be awesome to make something, even if its just an island, without any theme restrictions. they get to show some personality in there work.
Pntbttr wrote:
...I think one person should do the water and the rest of the map makers do different sections of the map...then we can name each region according to the maker and name the ocean according to the maker...

So what should game play be like? How many territories...how many regions...etc.
marcoxa wrote:
i think that each island should have 2-4 territories and be about 300X300 pixles