a map where every map maker can contribute
  • 51 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Vexer wrote:
have you guys thought about how this is going to look with all these different styles and fonts? The site does not accept cheesy maps. I don't see how this one could not be cheesy. Fendi and I have talked and we are willing to let you make this map cheesy or not but if it ends up not meeting the sites standards then we will not make the map available to all members. Only the makers of the map and anyone who requests it will have access. Live games will not be available on the map and it won't appear in the shop for purchase with tokens.

Do you really want to spend time on a map that you might not be able to get to the site's standards? Do you really want to spend time making a map that only a handful of players will ever play on?

Is anyone besides the map makers even interested in this map? There hasn't been a single post by a non map maker.
Holt wrote:
I am also with Vexer on this you guys. I had a problem with this from the very beginning because I didn't think the different styles would mesh well together. The only way for this idea to come together in a way that will meet the sites standards would be to adopt a single players style and have the others adapt to the style for this map. If you are not able to do that then this maps regions are not going to look right together and it may turn out to be a waste of time. I like the idea but not the different styles so far.

What I would do to fix this would be to send all your seperate regions from each person to the person that has the style you want them all to look like. Then have that person modify your region to look more like their style. It will have your mark on it as far as the layout of the land but it will have to have a central style.
Dsds7292 wrote:
I think the idea is great and I would definitely play it., However I agree with Holt and Vexer. The styles need to mesh well together in order for this map to be a success and not an utter waste of time.
marcoxa wrote:
well i think we wont mess with any of them (for now), put them together, and see what it looks like and go from there
Pntbttr wrote:
...I agree with Marcoxa...lets get them all together and see if it is any good...if it isn't any good we should pick someone to fix it up a bit...
Thorpe wrote:
Just let them do it and then comment when they want comments from us...they will have to say they are ready for our comments...plus if it turns out to be a waste of time it will their time not ours...hehehe.

I am wanting to see if the can pull it off though...I just love the idea...but as in governments getting together and agreeing on how to run a country, this might be the same thing or it might give me hope for mankind...if they can get it to be approved for this site.

Time will tell if the younger crowd can solve the problems of men...they may kill each other before this will be done...just like in the games!

You should name the Islands after each mapmaker is the only thing I would say to do though...so we can cuss that mapmaker out for making that island like they did, or give them the credit.

Thx for trying this out guys!

GO MAPMAKERS!!!!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
PsymonStark wrote:
Does all the map need to look all the same? From the beggining I thought this would be a map where everyone's style would merge. Personally I think that if we work out on sea transitions between islands, we wouldn't need to change our islands too much, provided that is is an special map for the different styles.

About the islands, I think it would be better not to call them with our names (Psymon Island... I don't like :P) but simply sign the map near our island, and sligthly more visible that in an ordinary map.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
I agree on psymon on the last part, and the reason I havent commented on this map (except a single line somewhere I believe) is that I havent seen the map yet.
For now its just a couple of small seperated islands, and not a map yet.
Once they merge things I'll see what it'll be like.

But yes, they will have to find one texture for the whole map, one font, one font colour, one way of doing connection lines etc.

So yes, it will be hard :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
marcoxa wrote:
Wow there sure is a lot of talk about the map, wether you like it or not it's still a interesting idea. Does any one else want to make an island? It would be nice to have 1 or 2 more
Pntbttr wrote:
Leedog and Votazap said they would help but I haven't heard much from them since...I think dsds7292 would like to help also but he hasn't had much experience...a few people have said that they want Thorpe to do the ocean texture...
PsymonStark wrote:
Personally I think 5/6 would be the best number, so we could arrange them in a pseudo-circle.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Leedog wrote:
We would all need to decide on the look of islands. Do we want smooth edges like Eld World map or more defined edges like Falkland Island map?

I prefer defined.

Then everyone make their island and send it to Butters(Pntbttr).

Butters could then arrange them on map.

After that we take one step at a time... and see what happens.
marcoxa wrote:
we are still waiting for leedog's and vota's island before we do anything