The land from The Elder Scrolls Saga
  • 78 posts
  • Page 2 of 6
Cireon wrote:
Another point I encountered:
The purple islands in the north-east: it is very hard to see from which territory those can be attacked. I found it really hard to find the connecting lines between all the small islands. The solid curved lines are by itself already a bit difficult to see as connections. I think the straight dashed still work out better on Risk maps, but that is your own decision I think.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
PsymonStark wrote:
Let's see...

-Inlets fixed, ok
-Haven fixed, ok
-Font cleared, ok (don't like it outlined)

The short connections is something about I thought for some time. Finally I chose solid lines because dashed ones may be mistaken by islands themselves, so I find more appropiated a longer one.

I have no time now, but later I'm uploading a new version.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Thorpe wrote:
keep the font ...Vexer says it is perfect!

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
-NoXoN- wrote:
as i see Glanru used 2 fonts on Victron title. I dont know what font is V but for ictron he used font :Polonaise URW D Bold
 ChopinScript is very similar and you can download it here:

http://www.fontspace.com/category/polonaise
PsymonStark wrote:
NoxoN, I already had that font!
I tried it and I think this guys won't like it. The trick in Victron map is that the characters are split by a space, and this font is meant to be linked, (maybe that's why I don't like that font there), and linked it's maybe too bold. Still, I found another one I liked, and I put it so you can tell me how little you liked it :P

It's also curious why most of you guys say that this map seems like Victron one... I don't find many similarities, even if it is the one which may be the only one with black calligraphic letters.

So V5.
-Adapted minimap.
-Changed font. The names are out of their places, in case you like it, I'll relocate everything.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5724/tamriel5.jpg
Vexer wrote:
I agree, the last font was 10 times better. Remember this is not just art this has to be a playable risk map. I need the font readable.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL..you do!
Vexer is the territory circles ok that close to the text? or cut off?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
yes there are some circles that are too close to the text. Psymon, some of these territories will become capitals and there needs to be space for the white ring to go around them.
PsymonStark wrote:
I repeat what I told Thorpe before, wouldn't be enough with enlarging those which will be used as capitals, when we choose them?. In some regions (green and orange specially) it's pretty difficult to enlarge and rearrange them. I guess it's enough if we enlarge just the 10/15 which will effectively be capitals, if needed.
Vexer wrote:
Ok, we will determine capitals after we get the game play nailed down. I still haven't had a chance to look at the regions to determine the bonuses and see if any connection lines need to be added or removed. We will see if any text needs to be relocated afterwards.

I think you should remove some of the tiny islands that are so small that they just look like black dots. This would make it easier to see the connection lines and the map will look better too.
Leedog wrote:
Psymon, you mentioned you were waiting for permission... what is this map based off of.... book, t.v. show, movie?