Redone- Please comment.
  • 53 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Fendi wrote:
Hello. =)

We have been wanting to update the World map but since we dont have 4myGods photoshop-file, we decided to create a new one.
This is the map we have so far, the game play and the capitals are still the same.

I would love to know Your thoughts and if there is anything I need to change. The territory names and mini-map will be added soon.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6797/classicworldeuropetextu.jpg

Thank you all in advance,
Take care.
Vexer wrote:
I have received some feedback from a couple of players who want the map to stay plain. how bout we reduce the opacity of the texture layers (including the ocean) and give the continents color variation per territory like the original so we don't have to give it color variation with the texture layer. also the colors are a bit saturated.

Actually I am beginning to think that we should just redo the world map with the same style but with improved border lines, text, connection lines and add a mini map.

Then make alternate versions of the map with this fancier version. One will include the Philippines so that Australia has to defend two borders. Another version with Antarctica.
Pntbttr wrote:
I like it...It looks really empty without the circles text and minimap though...
Glanru wrote:
As a graphical update, so far this is significantly better. Out with the old, in with the new.
-NoXoN- wrote:
yeah nice update, now you must try to make it cleaner and like vexer said  colors are a bit saturated. When you make lower saturation it will be hard to see outline in europe, maybe you need some white glow. 
Thorpe wrote:
[image][image][/IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]
Here is one that I did without the connections or territory names just butting it out there.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I still like Fendi's map better...I think you should lighten up the ocean fendi...
Holt wrote:
Thorpe I believe your's looks a little too cartoonish without trying to offend you. I like when the maps are more mature.. Im sure your version Thorpe would appeal to the younger players on here though.
Thorpe wrote:
Yeah now that you said that it is isn't it!  lol!
Cartoonish...."RISK JR"?
:<;))))))
Loney Tunes!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
why is there a light blue box in the ocean next to Middle East and why is the border of Haiti tanish in spots?

I like how you did your mini Map Thorpe. The compass is a nice touch too.
BrewDog wrote:
Is there a Pangea map? "Don't lose your dinosaur!!!" Dr. Robert Doback.
Thorpe wrote:
Pntbttr you would be the one who saw that little box!!!!hehe
This map was given to me in one layer so I had to pull it apart and then never really finished it...but thought it might give people some ideas...Fendi is almost done with the map...so really no point on working on it to make it the way I really wanted it..so just thought it would be nice to show the ocean, compass and the mini map...those were the things I really liked on the map and thx for those words...The land texture was done with contrast and brightness in paint.net and of coarse the hue was played with. I was still playing with it though...
Vexer wrote:
@ pntbttr, thorpe didn't have the layers so he did the best he could with the magic wand. He just wanted to show a very rough draft of an alternative style to see if there was any interest to take the map that direction.