map
  • 45 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I will lighten it up add a water texture (that color next to izmir. is from the texture I used so I will have to either move the texture or not use the texture...I will do which ever one looks best) and I am not sure about the bunkers I think I will stay with airports....but I think I need to change how they look a little....
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/turkey1flat.jpg/

I did add a water texture (which was really hard to find) but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped (it's pretty good)....I think I forgot to lighten it up I will do that next....but what do you think about the colors...like how much difference do I need between the blues and the oceans????
Thorpe wrote:
first you need different texture on the land then what you have for the sea and the blue in parts look to close to the oceans blue maybe the different texture will do it.
You know how to do that right?
But I like the ocean texture, nice!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
This map is starting to look really nice.

The color in eski is still a prob. try making that whole region the same color as kuta.

I'm not sure you left yourself enough room for a mini map. Let's see if you can fit one that works.

Also, I am not a fan of the 'airports can attack each other' text being underlined. Also also, there is a logic problem here. it doesn't make sense that the airports can only attack other airports. If they can reach another airport, what's going to stop them from reaching the territory next to the airport? NoXoN's idea of bunkers solves this problem. Can you come up with another way to solve it? Or should we just ignore logic for game play's sake?
Glanru wrote:
I agree that the blue in some areas, and especially in the left most blue colored region, looks like water. 
Pntbttr wrote:
I started working on this one again...I totally restarted...my outline was the wrong proportions and the new one is to small...Someone else can do this one if they want...I would have to merge a lot of territories...
Leedog wrote:
Butters, I would like to tinker with and see what you think.

But I personally feel that the map has a great start.
Leedog wrote:
Sure, have some extra time to tinker a little with it and see if you like it.

Also get a little more practice in. =)
Thorpe wrote:
Good Job Leedog!
Way to step-up and take the ball and run with it!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
Message to Butters:

Once Thorpe and I can get the NYC map done I'm going to retire from map making and leave it up to the professionals and play a secondary role if needed.

If you still wanted to do Turkey map, think it as potential, especially with the airports... up to you or maybe you would like to find another member to work with... again, up to you!!

Thanks for the time you have spent teaching me!! =)

Pntbttr wrote:
Thanks for working with me Leedog, it was fun and I'm glad you learned how to make a map.

I wasn't planning on finishing this map but I might come back to it some time...If anybody wants to give it a go it's fine by me...
Holt wrote:
The only thing I really don't like about this map is the amount of Airports it has. I feel like there should be a lot less Airports and space them more apart. You have one in Siirt-Sir. and one in Sanliurfa only two territories apart from each other. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I agree with the idea but I think there should just be less of them.
Thorpe wrote:
Maybe I will give it a try ...so if you want send it to me.