map
  • 45 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/turkey1flat.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/turkey1flatwithcorrecti.jpg/

The first link is to the regular file.
The second has + = N. S.. The + means I a thinking about joining the territories. The N. S. means I am thinking about making a North and South territory and the = means if I do the Northern territory should be in the other region.

(I accidently put one in Cana. and the territory in Eski. is in the wrong place I will fix that)
santas22 wrote:
For the gameplay tis map looks very easy for domination on deathmatch.....this map looks very easy to control their fore a very easy win for the luck person...what I woul suggest doing would be to connect more over the water because then that gives people less of a chance of holding all of the land

Pntbttr wrote:
I am going to join Karaman and Merzin
I am also going to join Bitlis and Siirt

Does anybody think I should join Ordu and Tokat and/or Trab. and Bay.?
Pntbttr wrote:
Um....I am not sure about the rivers any more I don't think they exist.....I found them on wikipedia but I can't find them on google earth.
Pntbttr wrote:
never mind they are there, I found them! they are hard to find in google earth! Some aren't perfectly acurate (like they aren't exactly on the border) but I need them for the game play.
Glanru wrote:
Turkey isn't an island. That and with the water of the rivers so thick, I don't recognize what country the map is by looking at it. The title is quite readable, which is good. But, if I played a game on it now, I doubt I'd feel like I was fighting over Turkey.
Leedog wrote:
In my opinion, the website needs a map like this! Can survive bad rolls of the dice without automatically losing the game. I wish more maps had rivers or mountains to actually represent the terrain.
Pntbttr wrote:
@ Glanru I was afraid you'd say that

Thanks Leedog

I think I will add a dead zone but I don't want to change the texture around there (if it doesn't look good I will add another texture).
lucide wrote:
That's impressive Pntbttr. The rivers, -though quite thick- are very accurate. But overall, the map looks a bit dark.

You can also use mountains instead of river for the south-east border for Nigde&Kayseri.

It would be nice if you neighbour countries, that way the seas will become apparent, Mediterranean, Black see and Aegean.

Just an idea, what would you say to add territories to the sea? Suppose, let there be three regions in Black Sea, and two in Eagean and Mediterranean. Holding the seas can give high bonuses, since there are too many adjacent territories. Through see, one can reach from say Istanbul to Rize in much shorter hops, - simulating an alternative see route- That would also be a unique feature of this map. You decide, it's your map:)

Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/turkey1flat.jpg/

the map I traced didn't have the other countries so the dead zone might be slightly inaccurate (but I think I got it pretty good)

also I found another river so I changed the regions around.

OK I thought about what Lucide said and I think there isn't enough room to get from place to place (example: If somebody owns the light blue region than people can't get by them....I don't know if that is bad but I don't like very much). I remembered what somebody said about the map (that it should have airports) in the topic it was mentioned.

the airports turned out pretty well but I would like some advice (or at least some comments) on them.

So this is how it came out.

(Also if you think certin airports should not be able to attack each other than I will change the colors on each and say only the same color airports can attack each other.)
Glanru wrote:
It now definitely looks like Turkey now. It is still a bit dark.
Pntbttr wrote:
I might lighten it up a bit but I like the way it looks at the moment.
Thorpe wrote:
I like the airports...nice.
Should the rivers be smaller in some parts? Or rougher edges?
 Some of them look like worms.lol

The top left area has only has 3 spots to attack from or attack to, but worth "4"?
The one worth "1" has more attack points plus an airport...mmm
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next