New Update - Please comment
  • 73 posts
  • Page 5 of 5
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer at first did not like the newer one but I watched it played and I must say NICE!!!  Real nice!
If you never looked at the old map ...this one is better!
People hate change!
I guess I have a open mind...

cause all my brains left
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
cody224 wrote:
Yea, I agree with Thorpe. Usually I don't like change either, but this version is much better. And a lot more appealing to play on. Especially the new Colors/texture of it.

Good job :)
Pntbttr wrote:
I also agree with Thorpe....At first I looked at it and my thoughts were "who ruined the map!"....now that I really look at it I my thoughts are "WOW! A lot better." the old one was to bright and to confusing.....
Vexer wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm glad not everyone likes the old version better. Personally I think the new one is 10 times better looking.
Vexer wrote:
well, too many people missed the roads and the complexity of the old version so i put them back in the new version.

New title and territory texture were done by Noxon - thanks

Old Version:

[image]

New Version:

[image]
The_Bishop wrote:
Oh wow, I found this old thread only to say I like this map so much. I have just played a game today 1-on-1 with Domination settings (20 territories to win) and it was good and funny: the complexity of the shape and the bonuses make the gameplay pretty interesting.

This is Vexer's masterpiece I guess. Funny to see the old version, but the new one is much more clear, I would have been lost in that map without a GPS! :D

In my opinion this is ideal for 2 to 5 players, I don't know why it says 3 to 6 in the map description, I think it's wrong.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
It sais 3-6 because it just sais that based on some stupid guess because of the territory numbers.
If we add another entry in the database, would map makers fill in the right player-numbers manually? We could do that...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Mattrix, I know/noticed it's automatically based on the map size.
In fact I would suggest the same for the other 35 territory maps (Central America and the recent The Philippines)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
momagajic wrote:
Sure I think also is 2-5 ;) i prefer it most for 3 p,manny players is also confused about bonus ,they calculate cityes and region ,but cityes is already calculated into region ;)
PsymonStark wrote:
Which I told Vexer about some time ago! I believe that a (cities included) label should be inserted in the region minimap.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
Recently wondered why it is labelled Oregon City (Advanced)

advanced map? if so, i think that Europe one with the paper/scissors/rock play should be labelled the same

edit: oops it is.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Changed the suggested player counts a little bit.
If any of you have more suggestions for this, maybe create a new topic about it ;)

Edit to answer below:
Spoiler (click to show)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
You amended the code to calculate the recommended player amount for the size of the map in territories?

May I ask, what min - max now classifies a 2p-5p / 3p-6p etc. ?
I will make it part of the Troops & Neutrals list.
It will also help with deciding whether certain territory numbers are as relevant.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.