New Update - Please comment
  • 73 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
Dsds7292 wrote:
I love the light up letters Gives the map a night feeling. I love it
Dsds7292 wrote:
One ting, it seems like if you control all of the North west district, you will win it being a "plus 9'
Vexer wrote:
nope, you only get a plus 7. if you read the legend it says that the numbers include the city bonuses. The math has already been done for you.
1771 wrote:
A+++ My Friend, A+ !!!!! It looks amazing, I'm proud of you brother. It's ready Vexer, right now just as it stands. You done it. It's determination like this that made me want you for one of the new map makers. I got good feelings about what is up and coming for Dominating 12!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you effort, now all you got to do is get it going so I can beat you on your own map :) EXCELLENT!!!!!!

I told you this in a private message, but I figured I would throw it out there for everyone to see, because I am very impressed.

Amazing work keeping it in the style as the other maps, the outlines look good, the circles, roads, colors bright and vivid. That is what I am looking for in a map, the same quality as the rest, but with fresh new ideas!
Vexer wrote:
I updated the version of the map on page 3 of this thread.
I changed the arrows a bit and the colors. Also the legend has been redone.
I hope this is the final version so please look it over one last time and make sure that the changes I made to the legend make the map's game play more clear and not less clear.
Vexer wrote:
This map is now ready and available for purchase. If you find any bugs in the connections, let me know. An example would be where you can't attack a territory that is supposed to be adjacent or is connected by an arrow.
I haven't tested out the capitals much, so let me know if there are any bugs there too. I can fix it in a matter of seconds. So send me a message to get my attention about it.
Vexer wrote:
I have updated this map a little. I changed the texture on the territories. I was trying to make it look like they were painted on the paper with water colors. Don't know if I succeeded or not but I think it looks better. I also modified the text a little, changed some arrows, and smoothed out the arrows so they look less jagged.

i apologize if you liked the previous version better.
1771 wrote:
This is by far my favorite map for deathmatch, my favorite of all for everything. THIS MAP WILL TEST YOUR SKILLS! That is what makes it so much fun for me. I can't wait for hopefully password protected games just so i can get ahold of all you big boys and big girls on this one.
blockbuster19 wrote:
yeah,password protected games would be fun but.....you should only be able to play a couple of them a day otherwise people would get frustrated if no one ever played with them
Vexer wrote:
I finally have the skills to properly tackle this map. I made a new version.

http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/7.large.jpg
(After clicking, hit F5 to see the new version)

Please let me know if I messed anything up like forgetting a connection line. I would also like to know your opinions in general. My goal was to make the map clearer and more understandable. This really is the best 4 player live deathmatch map and I hope now that the graphics and understandability are improved that people will give it another chance.

I will probably try to improve the title and change the text up a bit when i have more time in a few weeks. Also, I lost the file that had the '1771 was here' text. I'll have to add that later too. Anything else I should touch up?
Leedog wrote:
Vexer, I'm pretty sure yellow territory had a city bonus? Not so sure about red territory?
-NoXoN- wrote:
 I like the map as it is, maybe you could make new one for other citys. for me is not complicated and will not be complicated after 2 or 3 games for everyone. I like complicated maps.

will you do more work with graphic? if no then i think old version is better. I like new version also.
Will you make roads in new version?
Vexer wrote:
yellow was both a city and region in the old version. But with the new version it had to be one or the other because of the mini maps.

@ Noxon, i changed the map based on comments from new players and old players. Only a small handful of people would play on this map. Everyone else thought it was ugly and confusing. I want to be able to play more games on this map so I improved it.

As far as I am concerned, the new version is done. I might change the text and title when I get time though.

noxon, I understand that you like the old version better because it was complicated but I think the new version is better because it isn't ugly like the old version was. I'd rather look at something nice then have an unnecessarily complicated map.