Map in process
  • 113 posts
  • Page 5 of 8
Glessesboy wrote:
Update (click to show)
So how about this?
Matty wrote:
Looks good so far
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Yeah looks good :) I'm assuming you're envisioning the title in the bottom left and the minimap bottom right.

Personally, I don't think the map needs the overseas territories, but I don't really mind. Looks good :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Glessesboy wrote:
how is this look? (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Oh yeah, wanted to reply on this one. Not that much to say about it though. It looks alright. A bit too bright on the graphics side.

Territory wise the groningen territory looks weird (yellow region, top right), as it seems to be 2 (or 3?) territories the way it's split by the river. Same thing around Nijmegen (yellow region, middle right).

Personally I don't like (air)ports.

The gameplay could be quite good, depending a bit on how the connections are placed.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Glessesboy wrote:
And this?

Quick edits, not final edit or desing

(click to show)
dough_boy wrote:
I think the ocean should be more blue and not purple

The dead space that is yellow should be more neutral like a gray or brown (see France Map)

Maybe look at making them “land bridges” like what was done in the Gold Coast map.

You appear to have connections lower left, but no where else.

There is a weird black line in the long river at the middle bottom.

For some reason all of the lines in the right upper purple region appear thicker.

I am not sure what happens in real life with the rivers around the middle pink region, but it seems weird they don’t touch the ocean and instead have a black line.

All food for thought.
dough_boy wrote:
You have solid connecting lines in the green region lower left, but added dotted elsewhere.

There are no connecting lines for the pink island.

I understand outlining the coast, but by the green region where the airport is it is outlining a river, and makes it look like those two are connected.

I think anywhere a river is running "along" the coast the black line just shouldn't exist should it? It is even more confusing when looking at the pink and red region upper middle.

Most of the land bridges look ok, except for the ones in the teal area...they look like a different color altogether.
Glessesboy wrote:
dough_boy
You have solid connecting lines in the green region lower left, but added dotted elsewhere.

There are no connecting lines for the pink island.

I understand outlining the coast, but by the green region where the airport is it is outlining a river, and makes it look like those two are connected.

I think anywhere a river is running "along" the coast the black line just shouldn't exist should it? It is even more confusing when looking at the pink and red region upper middle.

Most of the land bridges look ok, except for the ones in the teal area...they look like a different color altogether.
What do you mean with the airport area looks connected?
dough_boy wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

The areas in the red circle make it appear they are connected. I don't think these lines should be here.

Also, the color for the teal in the upper right is bleeding over the river and into the pink. Does this mean they are connected?
Glessesboy wrote:
Teal colour is just a edit error.
And indeed the black border doesn't have to be beside the river.
So do I understand it correctly that with connected you mean that the border line is against the river?
Glessesboy wrote:
Ta da! how bout this:

(click to show)