Possibly time to update graphics?
  • 46 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
Current USA map (click to show)
Hoodlum's latest version (click to show)
100%

It looks better with texture and puts less emphasis on the background images.

I think the map needs sharpening / brightening. Looking at the current map as comparison, it has a certain "Zing" about it. Of course I'm not trying to get you to copy it, but we seem to have opposites.
Perhaps try a really dark Sea, that should give more contrast to the land.

Can you please make the Lake names less Label-Like, blend into the lake more?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Love it.

The south west region has a bit of an ugly green brownish colour though.
I agree with aero that there's little contrast between what's playable map and what's background.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Still working on the background.

but did the lake labels, and got rid of the green brownishish in Texas

Spoiler (click to show)

100%
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
Struggling with darker ocean. but i tried some coloured drop shadows to make the colours pop. and a white frame.
Current USA map (click to show)
zing attempt (click to show)

100%
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
That shadow (dark glow) off the borders and dividers has made a huge difference, the colours look more vibrant now, I don't think you need to darken the sea.
I don't think the white frame makes any difference, it just takes out map area and will be noticeable in the light grey game screen, best to put that back the way it was.
I prefer the impassables with the white border.
Good job with the lake names.
You may need to move a few mountains to the right at the South California / Nevada connection, it looks sort of impassable.
That SE Region (Florida, N & S Carolina etc) looks much better and the George Washington coming through makes it look like Money. ;)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
hah that's what i thought. started to look like money.

Edits = Return of original frame. Mountain edit.

Post#36 edit (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
Looks great.
For me it's done, but let's wait a day or two before exchanging it, to see if anyone has any issues or concerns.
Fendi wrote:
Woow, it looks like a million bucks ;)
Awesome work Hoodlum. Love the feeling of the map.
Matty wrote:
I like it
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I have exchanged the map image & thumbnails and adjusted the circles to suit the new map.

Thanks Glanru, for years of happiness on a really popular map with excellent gameplay.
Thanks Hood, for your patience and creativity in producing the new updated version.

Any issues during play, please contact aeronautic or Hoodlum, or post them here.
Glanru wrote:
I have to say that I'm impressed. Now I'm very glad I brought up the idea of upgrading the graphics.
elysium5 wrote:
Just finished a long-term game on it that changed midway through. No problems and it looks very nice.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Louisiana on the map is misspelled as "Louisianna". Not sure about the card.
I'm surprised I played it so many times before noticing it!
EDIT: the card is correct
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
Ty virt.. fixed now - press cntrl f5 to display new image
Hoodlum is online.
Dima wrote:
i like how you made the america great again!
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"