Map Submission
  • 51 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
At first glance I think it looks really good.
Best see what everyone thinks about it and the game-play?
Matty
For a quick look the gameplay looks good too.

100% view

ASIA (click to show)

Details (click to show)

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
counted 51 in the map dabble version, so need to get a 52nd territory to get out of the prohibited range. territory added top left Vernyy. capitals reassessment

Gameplay analysis: Grey numbered circles equal adjacent territories

Caps gameplay (click to show)

2-5 100% view

6-9 100% view
-NoXoN- wrote:
Well done Hoodlum. I like the map as it is but i would change some things. You can be more artistic with font and map frame, i would increase bonus for holding China, check if name of Uramchi should change to Urumqi. I would play more with color of China and background.

Another cool map :)
Matty wrote:
Yes, bonusses overall seem low.
4 territories 2 borders (NE Asia) for a +2 seems legit right? But then 3 territories 3 borders (Afghanistan) only +1? Seems little.
7 territories, 4 borders, and only +3, feels very little. In comparison, Europe on world classic has 7 territories, 4 borders and +5 bonus.

Can you go through the regions with Vexer's formula? See what you can get for it? Because I think almost all regions can use a buff (except for NE Asia and maye Tibet and Indonesia).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:

Vexers Formula: = Number of territories /3 + Number of territories to defend /2.5

Afghanistan = 1.6  (2)
Mongolia = 2      (2)
Tibet = 1.73        (2)
India = 2.53        (3)
China = 4.53        (5)
Indochina = 2.53    (3)
N.E. Asia = 1.6      (2)
Indonesia = 2.5      (3)

(?) buffed to the highest whole #
dough_boy wrote:
Since I haven't seen this before for Afghanistan the equation would be (3/3) + (3/2.5) = 2.2? How did you come up with 1.6? (I think either way it is the same result).
Hoodlum wrote:
dough_boy
Since I haven't seen this before for Afghanistan the equation would be (3/3) + (3/2.5) = 2.2? How did you come up with 1.6? (I think either way it is the same result).

I'm probably not understanding the equation. maybe they are all wrong haha.

Feedback edits (click to show)

100% view

original font (click to show)

100% view

dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
Vexers Formula: = Number of territories /3 + Number of territories to defend /2.5

Assuming Afghanistan has 3 territories and all 3 need to be defended then that would make it (3/3) + (3/2.5) or 2.6

Indo would be 4.2

India would be 3.93

Mongolia would be 3.3

NE Asia would be 2.8

Indochina would be 4.73

China would be 6.13
Matty wrote:
@dough_boy, How do you get different numbers for Indochina and india? both are 7-4 right? Or do I miss a connection?

Also, I kinda liked the black text on the territories. Not sure if this is better. The font on the minimap is much clearer, but now I miss the region names again :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
ha. just saw the region names layer gone. just edited the link

i'm not sure i like the white font or font type better either, .. struggled looking for an alternative.
dough_boy wrote:
Matty
@dough_boy, How do you get different numbers for Indochina and india? both are 7-4 right? Or do I miss a connection?

Sorry...I must have counted Annam twice (even though only need to defend once). Indochina should be 4.46 based on the algorithm but we currently have it as 3?

Same for India...should be 4.46. Not sure how I goofed that. Probably when I was manually trying to calculate both parts and add together instead of just creating a simple spreadsheet. :)

matt
Hoodlum wrote:
Corrected Vexer Formula (click to show)

100% view
Cireon wrote:
I think the latitude and longitude lines are a bit too visible, so they can be confused for connection lines. I think I liked the new font you tried in white better, but maybe in the dark colour you use for the older font.

Love the unique graphical style of this map through, and gameplay looks interesting.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
Font alternative/dark + longlat lighten (click to show)

100% view
Cireon wrote:
:D :D
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card