• 70 posts
  • Page 5 of 5
Vexer wrote:
don't like the messy grey glow for the text. The font is nice but hard to read. does 1 size bigger font fit? Although I am not sure the text needs changing at all. I like it how it is. I like how it blends in and is not too noticeable.

I like the title better except for the grey glow. I want to see the nice background. the grey just muddies it up.

The mountains aren't right and don't look good. Please try again.

The rivers, though bigger, are not the same quality. they don't look as good. I thought we were just going to make them a little lighter so that they didn't look like a black border. You covered up the red that was around the edges of the orange region. This was one of the best details on the map. Why did you change the lakes? There's no need to change the lakes.

It's impassables, not impasses.

All I really wanted was to see slightly lighter water and some real mountains instead of a white bar. The title however, is better so it should stay.

Thorpe wrote:
Got it and thx. At least somebody said something that I could use.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice, I think you are respecting the idea of minimal changins that people want. Here my thoughts.

Rivers are better in the first version for me, less bright.

Mountains... are not so good for me. Not white.
You moved them from the original position to the right, so the red edge grows too much now.

I think it is hard to draw those mountains between a lake and a river in that little place. The author just put a white bar and actually there are not very mountains in that area.

My idea is to eliminate the white bar and simply draw no mountain, but the river that connect the Lake Nyasa to the River Zambezi. Its paths is about on the right border of your new mountains. Then reduce the red edge as a little tiny line.

I think it's more easy, more clear and it exists for real. Just I don't know if Vexer and the other agree with me.

«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
I thought of that after looking at a real map of the area and I agree.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
I agree with removing the mountains and adding another river.

I also liked version 1 better. But I think the color change should be done in the original file.

Go ahead and work on adding the new river but make sure it is in a separate layer. I will see if I can get glanru to lighten the rivers and lakes in the original file.

And I forgot to say something about the regions that have the dotted lines. Perhaps the color of the dotted lines can be changed for the region on the left instead of trying to shade around the dotted lines with color. I was thinking maybe a reddish brown color.
The_Bishop wrote:
What about those minimal changes? I was waiting for it...
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
I never did get the map and I just took it they will do the changes...sorry