• 70 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow I love this map and I want to make all my contribution to it.

It's nice to distinguish "French Desert" from "British Desert".
I would put yellow color on the French one and purple on the British.

I like new stile of rivers. I like better the older stile for lakes.

Mountains are amazing! Also the color is good. I think mountains would have to be on the West side (left* side) of the Lake Nyasa, where they really are, and not cover it!

I suggest to raise "South Africa" bonus to 5, and reduce "Lower West* Africa" bonus to 1.

* The cartographer messed up when he gave the names to the regions!
The one called "Eastern Africa" have to be named "Western Africa",
the region called "Lower West Africa" have to be named "Lower East Africa".

I am not convinced about 7 capitals positions. I think we need one capital on the South part of the map.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
Thx I will look into that.
 For you Italians ...English is hard, the correct spelling is "style"...just being Papa ...sorry

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Another F.Y.I. for The_Bishop the Italian:
 http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/africa_1890.jpg

What region Names? The only ones I see are the fleet names...must be old and blind!

Eastern Africa?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
The_Bishop wrote:
Who's the old blind? I had already seen that map but I'm telling about the game map...
The names that appear on the game log when you take some region bonus.
It is not a graphic issue, it's a program issue!

Have you liked my italic style, Papa?
Thorpe wrote:
Oh now I get it! Thought I was Blind...like you and your glasses!
When I get to that point or ever ...then will look at it...or Vexer can.

Good job on the italic stye!.
Pntbttr wrote:
Why did you change so much? All you need is the real looking mountains, the regions up top are pretty obvious...that dark line coming up from East Guinea is the border of the region and the mini map region bonuses make it even clearer...I liked everything about the old map except the mountains

you covered up a name with the mountains...
Thorpe wrote:
I had problems with everything I fixed when I was new and a lot of Newbies do too, so...That is why I did what I did.

Read the first post and you will see I do not have the map so things will be covered up...Fendi has the map and she has been busy.

I just changed four things...rivers, mountains, two borders...and put a key for the impasses.
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow... Thank you! :)) I think it's perfect!
It is for all, not just for me.
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe looks really good, but have just one question:

Was it planned to have rivers different color than the lakes?
Pntbttr wrote:
I still really don't like the new rivers...and I would prefer not having that weird blurred color in the desert regions...
Thorpe wrote:
Leedog blame The_Bishop ...I think I will wait on Vexer to catch-up and I was thinking trying to make the rivers the same color though, sorry Bishop.

Well Pntbttr what would you do with the complaints on this map?