The current 12 best players on the site
  • 1325 posts
  • Page 81 of 89
Matty wrote:
It's been discussed before here. No, test games shouldn't and, once implemented properly, won't count towards the d12 limit.

That said, no hard feelings at all towards Alex, you're a superbly good player and I don't think I'll ever get up to your level. We will stop inviting you for newer d12 games until you can play somewhat more active again. It's expected of the best of the best to keep playing with rating points on the line. If you don't have the time to do that that's all fair (I don't either), but that does exclude you from the d12 game.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
slackbatter wrote:
So I finally had time to start the game and then saw all this discussion. I had included Alex in this one, so I guess we'll start checking for 5 non-test games next time?
dough_boy wrote:
slackbatter
So I finally had time to start the game and then saw all this discussion. I had included Alex in this one, so I guess we'll start checking for 5 non-test games next time?
I would say end the game and give the next person on the list the opportunity...especially if it just started (don't see a link).
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Matty
It's been discussed before here. No, test games shouldn't and, once implemented properly, won't count towards the d12 limit.

That said, no hard feelings at all towards Alex, you're a superbly good player and I don't think I'll ever get up to your level. We will stop inviting you for newer d12 games until you can play somewhat more active again. It's expected of the best of the best to keep playing with rating points on the line. If you don't have the time to do that that's all fair (I don't either), but that does exclude you from the d12 game.

I guess I missed reading that there, sorry :/

Could it be altered to also reflect the "new" rules on the information page: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/thedominating12 perhaps just add the word "rated" ?
If the number (5 games in 15 days) gets changed, or anything else for that matter, note it on that page too please.

I'll see what I can manage - the little girl is less of a handful now; only waking up once/night for a feeding, as well as me getting more used to the new regime. I don't think it'll be much more of a time investment to play a non-test (regular rated) game as opposed to test.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
While we are "updating the rules", are there any other ways someone can game the system that we need to address?
periwinkle wrote:
Maybe those 5 games shouldn't have passwords on them either? So those 5 games, do not include test games and locked games? That way there is less of a chance for someone to just exclusively play noobs or handpicked poor attendance players? If you want the dominators to be the best players...shouldn't they be playing more than just noobs or handpicked players? Just a thought. 
bluebonnet wrote:
Personally, I would exclude official suicides as well.
While it would not be considered gaming the system for D12 lists, if there is no loss of points to anyone in a game that has officially been declared a suicide, not a valid game imho.
B4rny wrote:
''To get on this list you need to have at least 30 games played in total and at least 5 games played in the last 15 days.''.

I too checked the quantity of our D12-leader, and so far in 2022 he has finished 30 games.
In those 30 games there is 7 D12 games, and apparently some test-games.

That's just not enough to be on top of the list over and over again.

I would change it to: 10 games played in the last 30 days, and at least 5 games finished in the last 15 days. Excluding testgames, password games, canceled games, and the D-12 game as well.

Again: this new rule would only be a problem for less than a handful of players.
God_of_War wrote:
I would like to kick off an Unofficial-D12 top players monthly game that consists of factors that will help recognize those players that are here most often and perform well most often on a month to month basis across various formats of the game. 

Is there a way that reports can be downloaded or provided so I can gather advanced stats on certain requirements to meet these requirements I have in mind?

Thanks
Hi there!
Abs wrote:
periwinkle
Maybe those 5 games shouldn't have passwords on them either? So those 5 games, do not include test games and locked games? That way there is less of a chance for someone to just exclusively play noobs or handpicked poor attendance players? If you want the dominators to be the best players...shouldn't they be playing more than just noobs or handpicked players? Just a thought. 

Do any of us highly ranked players really play noobs very often? They just wreck havoc and usually MS and are so aggressive in style I personally avoid at all costs unless its maybe a 9 player game. Most of my games are multi player though.

I persoanlly think to be truly considered in the 12 as well as playing minimum amount of games, you should have to play a certian amount of types of games. Many players now purposely only stick to one game type or play mainly team games as its easier to climb rank and less volatile but then again others just play assasination against noobs. I guess we all have our strategy of how to play and what we enjoy but just a thought to ensure we are all well rounded
Abs wrote:
God_of_War
I would like to kick off an Unofficial-D12 top players monthly game that consists of factors that will help recognize those players that are here most often and perform well most often on a month to month basis across various formats of the game. 

Is there a way that reports can be downloaded or provided so I can gather advanced stats on certain requirements to meet these requirements I have in mind?

Thanks

I think this is a great idea an almost already in play as we have many locked games that are 2500 or 3000+ rnak only which is kind of the same thing?
God_of_War wrote:
Abs
God_of_War

Thanks

I think this is a great idea an almost already in play as we have many locked games that are 2500 or 3000+ rnak only which is kind of the same thing?

Actually kind of the opposite. And I tend to think of things from a marketing perspective too.. you know to rally the site and have interaction occurring more consistently. I understand that life gets in the way at times, but when that happens, a month or a few off the leaderboards is no big deal and you can jump right back into it again with a new monthly challenge to climb the leaderboards and not care about "ranking" when playing players of all levels.

There are many of us, we all know who we are, that play consistently all the time and have been... so those are the people I'm looking to target for this or give them something to "achieve" while they play.

We don't need to call it top 12, cause we can only play games of 9 anyway... but here are some quick thoughts that of course would need to be re-imagined and checked to make sure it makes sense in the end...

Monthly 4 game tournament, placement per match counts as points towards final spot on the leaderboard to determine the winner. 

For example, the 1st month could be Italia Map, and 4 games are created using Assassination, Domination, Deathmatch and Capitals. 

To qualify
1. Most wins in a month for games of 4+ people across any format
2. Most wins in a month in 2-3 player games only from LIVE games
3. Domination/Assassination Winner - most points in Domination or Assassination mode (4+ player games only, 1 point for every player you defeated, only winner gets points, most points per game is 8)
4. Most wins in 4+ player games of LIVE games
5. Deathmatch/Capitals Winner - most points in Deathmatch/Capitals mode (4+ player games only, 1 point for every player you defeated, only winner gets points, most points per game is 8)
6. Most games completed by a top 50 ranked player (whomever completes the most games from either someone ranked top 50 on day 1 or day 30 of the period)
7. Fog Winner - most points in Fog Games (4+ player games only, 1 point for every player you defeated, only winner gets points, most points per game is 8)
8. For the Month of November - Most Wins across any format in 4+ player games using the Italia Map
9. Auto-bid from prior month's winner - Defending Champ picks subsequent Map of the Month (The same Map can not be used in back to back months, no capped of fixed card games)

Other Qualifications - Must have an attendance above 90 to qualify.

Again, just starting blocks and some of above may be impossible to track so it could probably use some tweaking. Regardless, the notion is there of providing the community with something they can strive to achieve if they wish. Maybe instead of having 10 active games, they increase to 20, or maybe they have some time and check the site for a live game.

Also, toss in a free month of premium to each winner. I can't imagine that is overly difficult to do to provide a reward if you win.

Thanks for reading
Hi there!
elysium5 wrote:
Congrats!

People write congrats because they can't spell congrajlashins.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."