Ask the staff a question and you'll get an answer
  • 281 posts
  • Page 10 of 19
GriffinUcos wrote:
Thanks for the quick responses and for clearing it up for me.

I now realise that the plaque for second is still on the toilet cubicle door down in the basement. ;-0
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
dough_boy wrote:
elysium5
I have never resigned in more than 7000 games played. You never know what is going to happen;)
The only time I resign is if it is mathematically impossible to win. The only chance to win would be to hope that the person suddenly stops playing and is booted.
elysium5 wrote:
dough_boy
elysium5
I have never resigned in more than 7000 games played. You never know what is going to happen;)
The only time I resign is if it is mathematically impossible to win. The only chance to win would be to hope that the person suddenly stops playing and is booted.
Which has on occasion happened to me so I never resign!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
dough_boy
elysium5

Just out of curiosity... could you give me an example of this "mathematically impossible to win" scenario?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
dough_boy wrote:
You have a few territories left, maybe with a few singles on them, you cannot cash, you get 3 reinforcements, they have 5 cards (so can cash and get a large number) as well as a large amount of regular reinforcements.

Ultimately you can read the board and know that it is inevitable that they will win. You would have to hope for missed turns, multiple 3 card cashes for you, 5 card for them, etc.

Just like when you read the board and are sure you are going to win, you can read it and be sure you are not going to win.
GriffinUcos wrote:
Hi, is it possible to use just one or two dice when attacking with more than three armies?

Thanks
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
Cireon wrote:
Nope.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AlexCheckMate wrote:
dough_boy
You have a few territories left, maybe with a few singles on them, you cannot cash, you get 3 reinforcements, they have 5 cards (so can cash and get a large number) as well as a large amount of regular reinforcements.

Ultimately you can read the board and know that it is inevitable that they will win. You would have to hope for missed turns, multiple 3 card cashes for you, 5 card for them, etc.

Just like when you read the board and are sure you are going to win, you can read it and be sure you are not going to win.

Well... considering defending dice beat attacking dice when the numbers are identical or higher... I guess there's no mathematical "you'll always lose" - but I get what you're aiming at. A game that is cemented to be a loss, provided there are no completely wacky things going on =d (losing 100v1 battle, or indeed the opponent suddenly starting to miss turns)

Cireon
Nope.

Any chance of ever allowing for this option? I appreciate that it's generally not a good idea to attack with less dice than you're allowed to - but there will be instances when there's a strategic benefit in attacking with less dice.

New Q: Is there a means of distinguishing between premium and non-premium members which always works? Right now I believe premiums are able to 'hide' between the non-premiums, whereas non-premiums can not 'dress up' as premiums - just wondering.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
AlexCheckMate wrote:
dough_boy
I think all premiums have the gold border around their rank insignia.

You can disable this: https://dominating12.com/account/profile - hence why I phrased it in the manner as I did. So I wonder whether there's another failsafe method?

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
GriffinUcos
Hi, is it possible to use just one or two dice when attacking with more than three armies?
I'd like this actually. But not important IMO, so if we'll get it, not anytime soon.

(Also, we'd have to seriously think about the UI - doing a thing like this is hard)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria