just somewhere to share
  • 131 posts
  • Page 8 of 9
supiachao wrote:
It is about time for my losing streaks to end. :)

Don't need great dice, just good enough to win or at least don't lose more than I kill. Haha..
supiachao wrote:
24 May, 00:25:37 Middle East (supiachao) attacks Ukraine (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:31 Iceland (supiachao) attacks Scandinavia (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:28 Greenland (supiachao) attacks Iceland (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:25 Quebec (supiachao) attacks Greenland (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:17 Ontario (supiachao) attacks Quebec (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:14 Northwest Territory (supiachao) attacks Ontario (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:11 Alaska (supiachao) attacks Northwest Territory (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:06 Alberta (supiachao) attacks Alaska (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:25:01 Western United States (supiachao) attacks Alberta (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:24:57 Central America (supiachao) attacks Western United States (Henris_1) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.
24 May, 00:24:53 Venezuela (supiachao) attacks Central America (Neutral) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 0.

Attacking 1 at it best, killing 11 straight, I am amazed.
aeronautic wrote:
~
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
elysium5 wrote:
And this one time, at band camp, I had a bad dice roll...
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
aeronautic wrote:
Yes, 2 player games can be won or lost in the first round, due to not just a lucky set of rolls, but also drop positions, turn order, lucky bonus on drop & neutral buffers.
All of which can give an irretrievable advantage.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
supiachao wrote:
Good rolls happening to me more often now

Stalingrad (supiachao) attacks Georgia (Muzthebus) conquering it, killing 107 troops, losing 67.
Norway (supiachao) attacks Iceland (i_mac13) conquering it, killing 161 troops, losing 138.
The_Bishop wrote:
Normally you lose 90 to kill 107 therefore the first one is a good case, you saved 23 troops more than expected. And normally you lose 136 to kill 161 therefore the second one is an almost perfect average case, a bit bad really because you lose 2 troops more than expected.

Everybody forgets the attacker's advantage!! I don't know why...
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
supiachao wrote:
lol, because the dice here suck, and most player expect to kill as much as you lose, hence no attacker advantage when doing calculation so when you try for it people won't complain so much.
4960epic wrote:
Meanwhile, lets discuss the fall of 4960epic in his 15 game losing spree. Lol....
supiachao wrote:
The dominator curse? Everyone just want to kill you.

btw, I guess we have been convinced that dice like 0-4, 2-8 are very common here that is probably why when we get some decently normal dice we will assume that the dice are great even if they are just doing their normal job.
Matty wrote:
supiachao - Nov 9, 05:22 AM
... I guess we have been convinced that dice like 0-4, 2-8 are very common here that is probably why when we get some decently normal dice we will assume that the dice are great even if they are just doing their normal job.
Dice like that are very common in the sense that they happen a lot. Just like killing 4 losing 0 is common, or killing 8 losing 2 happends quite often. Of course, they are not average. But they are common. You should understand the difference between those, it's important.

His Eminence - Nov 8, 10:12 PM
Everybody forgets the attacker's advantage!! I don't know why...
I think people forget the attackers advantage a little bit because you can't always rely on it. You must guess that you are a bit unlucky, then if you are, it won't matter. If you are lucky, well, then it'll still work, so no harm done ;)

4960epic - Nov 9, 03:50 AM
Meanwhile, lets discuss the fall of 4960epic in his 15 game losing spree. Lol....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yET4p-r2TI8
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
emjaydee wrote:
Brazil (machine55) attacks Argentina (Sygmassacre) killing 18 troops, losing 43.

Handed me the game, but OUCH.
4960epic wrote:
@matty i have a feeling you have sent me to that link before cuz it looks awful familiar. lol