• 40 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
HS0602 wrote:
It's been 6 months since a 4v4 tournament(https://dominating12.com/forums/15/tournaments/3742/quadruple-madness), so here we go...
Presented by HS0602, the Super 4 Tournament!

Let's get into the basics.
Firstly, there will be 16 teams of 4 players, so that makes it 64 players.
4 teams in each group, and each team will play a best of 3 series with the other three teams in your group! You heard that right! That makes it 9 team games in just the group stages!
It should be a big map(as there are 8 players), so the map of choice will be Atlantis, and the settings are original dice, increasing cards(to spice things up), visibility:clear(no fog), normal fortification and original dice.

Entry requirements:
All players need to have played atleast 20 team games and they must also have a attendance score of(inclusive) minimum 70 and a fair play and chat score of(inclusive) minimum 98.

Points are awarded as follows: 1 point for a dub, 0 points for a loss and 10 points for a series win. Missing a turn twice will mean ejection from the team and the team will be disqualified.

At the end of the group games, the two teams with the highest points will advance onto the quarterfinals. A tie-breaker between two teams means they will duke it out on a best of 3 on Atlantis with the same settings.

Quaterfinals will also happens in a best of 3, and so do the semifinals, final and 3rd place match.
Please send a message in this forum regarding your team and also include a team name for yourselves(it should be catchy).

Please note that out of each player, 40 rating points will be taken and each player also need to send me a 100 token donation fee. If one of the teammates are willling to pay for the whole team, you're welcome! But please mention the cause.

Time commitment:
It will take approx. 6 months to fill in the spots(I hope it would be shorter) and approx. 6 months to finish the tournament because it is a lot of games!

Teams:
1. 4 Amigos( @periwinkle, @jfults, @clarkenfeld, @ENGELBREKT)
2. 3Rs and a B( @Ryomyr, @Rockbert, @Irob, @begold)
3. "The Distractors"( @equist, @quistb1, @bradyq@kramerq)
4. "Mean Machine"( @DreamStreet, @tcjohans, @HS0602)
5. "Netplay 2.0"( @Brunn11, @Jethro37, @Rancid, @Sam370)

Prize pool: 1800 tokens and 2560 rating

If your name is not in bold, then that means you will have to pay the 100 token fee.

Donations are accepted:
@HS0602: 500
@begold: 400
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
Jethro37 wrote:
Got a set of 4 interested but we’d be more in line to do round robin in stages and only run 5 concurrent games. 

Another approach could be 5 round of 3 games against different foes
HS0602 wrote:
Oh so you don't want any best of 5 matches?
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.
Jethro37 wrote:
Best of 5 is great. Just don’t want to do 3 set’s of Bo5s concurrently.  We could either do a round robin rotation in each group with 5 concurrent matches or we could all play every team in our pool concurrently over a five round series. 

HS0602 wrote:
How about best of 3s?
HS0602 wrote:
Okay then. It changes to best of 3.
DreamStreet wrote:
I am a free agent! Feel free to make a team with me. Let me know!
DreamStreet is online.
HS0602 wrote:
Okay and the tokens?
HS0602 wrote:
periwinkle
You might not get 16 teams...but you might get 8 teams.....
I'll take care of that.