• 87 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
DreamStreet wrote:
Welcome to the very first 2v2 Champions League Tournament on D12! This is going to be a 2v2 Tournament which means there will be 32 teams and 2 players on each team. So find a partner and then sign up. However, this will be done Champions League Style. Does anyone here watch UEFA Champions League? This tournament will be formatted similar to the way that the UEFA Champions League works!

Layout:
All games will be 24 hrs Long Term. However, every team will choose their own home map and settings, so we will likely have a huge variety of different types of games throughout this tournament. Like Champions League, 50% of games you play will be on your home map and settings, and the other 50% will be away on all of your opponents home map and settings.

Procedures:
While we are all familiar with 2v2 tournaments. This tournament will work a little differently. First of all, as a team, you get to choose your Home Map and Settings. Yes, You Heard that Right? You CHOOSE YOUR HOME MAP & SETTINGS for the WHOLE TOURNAMENT!!!!! When choosing your Home Map and Settings, Please be extremely detailed as possible. In fact, make sure you include all your choices from the following:

Gametype: Deathmatch, Capitals, Domination, or Assassination
Card turn in: Increasing, Fixed, No Cards, or Capped (Specify Number)
Map:
Fortification: Adjacent, Chained, or Unlimited
Turn Order: Consecutive, or Same Time
Dice: Original, or Balanced
Fog of War: Yes or No
Advanced Cards: Yes or No

Please be sure to include everything above, because I need to know your home map and settings in great detail. You can only use one Home Map and Settings for the whole tournament. No Changes, so once you register your home map and settings, it is Final (although I will allow changes in the meantime from registration until the tournament starts, but once the tournament starts, it is FINAL). Anything is allowed, with the exception of the neutral settings that I will use for the Tournament Final, which will be specified later in this post. Nobody is allowed to choose the Final Match Map and Settings for their Home Map and Settings. Choosing the Same Map is allowed, but it cannot be exactly the same settings as the Final Match. You are also allowed to choose the same Home Map and Settings as other teams if that is what you want. There is No Limit.

There will be a total of 16 Teams. The Tournament will start out with 4 groups of 4 teams. Each team will be randomly drawn into a group. When the groups start, All 4 teams in the group will play each other twice (once home and once away), so that is total of 24 games per group. I will create them all at the same time, so everyone will be playing 12 games at once in the group stage. A win is 3pts, A draw is 1pt, and A loss is 0pts. We will likely not have many draws, but depending on the game settings that people choose, it is possible that some games might end in stalemates. The Top 2 teams in each group with the most points will advance to the Knockout Stages starting with the Quarterfinals. The Bottom 2 teams are eliminated.

Starting with the Knockout Rounds, each Runner Up will be drawn against each Winner for the Round of 16. After the Round of 16, the draws will be random for the Quarterfinals and Semifinals. The way the Knockout Rounds will work is that each fixture will play total of three games. Each team will have a chance to have two home games and two away games in each round of the knockouts. The fifth game will be played on the Tiebreaker Neutral Settings. Best of 5 all together. Does that make sense?

The Final will be five games played on Neutral Settings.

Settings for Final Match:
France Map, Deathmatch, Capped (25) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War, Advanced Cards

Time Commitment:
I have no idea how long this will all take, but I would expect around 2-3 months. Just be aware that this is a little time commitment, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal at all unless you are traveling and will have no internet.

Entry Requirement:
1. This is a Pairs Team Tournament, so everyone that plays needs one partner. One player can register both themself and their partner.
2. Each Player needs to send me 150 tokens (300 tokens per team).
3. Each Player will also have 50 points deducted prior to the first game. Maafi will be in charge of that, and I'll send a group message for reminder.
4. Each Team must choose their home map and detailed settings, and include that at the same time when registering the team.
5. Total of 16 Teams (First Come First Serve)

Prizes:
Champions will win a Total of 1100 points (550 points per player), and 4960 tokens (2480 tokens per player)
Runners Up will win a Total of 500 points (250 points per player), and 2190 tokens (1095 per tokens per player)
Yes that is a lot of points and tokens. This tournament while complicated is well worth it!!!! You can really boost your rank and tokens if you win or even come in as second place.

Token Donations:
1. @HS0602: 500 tokens
2. @periwinkle: 2000 tokens
3. @hooboy11: 150 tokens

Teams / Players & Home Settings
1. @DreamStreet @KoE_Doja (South Africa Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog, Advanced Cards)
2. @Abs @Irob (Europe 1814 Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog)
3. @dough_boy @hooboy11 (United States Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Unlimited Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War)
4. @Rockbert @Ryomyr (New Zealand Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog)
5. @Temul @paceme (New Zealand Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog)
6. @jfults @begold (Gold Coast Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Unlimited Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Balanced Dice, Fog of War, Advanced Cards)
7. @General_Ender @Macklyn (Mediterranean Map, Deathmatch, Capped (15) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War, Advanced Cards)
8. @xueping @hshep33 (Balkan Peninsula Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Balanced Dice, No Fog)
9. @Bilby @thedougabides (Westeros & Essos Map, Deathmatch, Capped (30) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog)
10. @Edman6 @MarshyMotty (Italy Map, Deathmatch, Capped (30) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog)
11. @blfingerhut @Train (New York City Map, Deathmatch, Capped (35) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War, Advanced Cards)
12. @notoriouspat @KC321 (Italy Map, Deathmatch, No Cards, Adjacent Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War)
13. @richierich @gameplayer (Atlantis Map, Deathmatch, Capped (10) Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War, Advanced Cards)
14. @vorple @HS0602 (World Expanded Map, Deathmatch, Capped (8) Cards, Unlimited Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War)
15. @Rcomer727 @Pygmyhippo277 (World Expanded Map, Capitals, Increasing Cards, Unlimited Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War)
16. @SHJENKE @SN007 (World Classic Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, Fog of War)

Tiebreaker Neutral Map:
Europe Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR TOURNAMNET WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP:

Champions: @DreamStreet & @KoE_Doja (2480 tokens & 550 points per player)

Runners Up: @richierich & @gameplayer (1095 tokens & 250 points per player)

DreamStreet wrote:
KoE_Doja and Myself will Play on a Team.

Home Settings: South Africa Map, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained Fortification, Consecutive Turns, Original Dice, No Fog, Advanced Cards.
Irob wrote:
This looks like a very fun tournament - thanks for setting it up...
For the knockout rounds, my preference would be for it to be best of 5 - much less randomness. Would you be ok with making that change?
DreamStreet wrote:
Irob
This looks like a very fun tournament - thanks for setting it up...
For the knockout rounds, my preference would be for it to be best of 5 - much less randomness. Would you be ok with making that change?

Actually yes, let's do that. We can do two home, two away, and the fifth one will be one team's home settings played on the other team's home map. I'll change that now!

Edit: Just changed it to best of 5 for knockouts.
Irob wrote:
Thanks!
Abs and I are in. We will share map preference later
dough_boy wrote:
@dough_boy & @hooboy11 better known as "The Boys" will be in. I will get you our setup later.
Rockbert wrote:
Rockbert and Ryomyr are in. Map preferences will be forwarded once we figure that out.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Rockbert and Ryomyr shall battle in the home of the Shire and Mordor... New Zealand. :) increasing cards, no fog, chained fortification.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
DreamStreet wrote:
Rockbert
Rockbert and Ryomyr shall battle in the home of the Shire and Mordor... New Zealand. :) increasing cards, no fog, chained fortification.

Deathmatch, correct? Just so you know you can pick Capitals, Domination, Assassination, and Same Time as well! Anything is allowed.
Rockbert wrote:
oh sorry, yes, Deathmatch.
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
begold wrote:
jfults and I are in! Our home map will be Gold Coast, Deathmatch, increasing cards, advanced turn-in, unlimited fort, balanced dice, fog
begold is online.
Abs wrote:
Irob and I are in

I just saw this already confirmed again
Temul wrote:
Paceme & I:

New Zealand, Deathmatch, Increasing Cards, Chained, Original Dice, No Fog