You may want to change your passwords.
  • 23 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
aeronautic wrote:
Nice one Cireon... damn hackers!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Madagascarter wrote:
Seriously people change your passwords on anything you have used that email for. I just realised that my spam email account, (account for anything not important) has been hacked and used to send inappropriate pictures. Luckily I had no money or anything on my email so no real harm done. The only link I could link it to though was the password database hack here so yeah, don't think it won't happen to you.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Matty wrote:
We may have leaked what your email was, but not what the password for your email was, so this hack could not give a hacker access to your email address (unless you told your password in a message, chat of forum on d12 or something - NEVER enter your passwords anywhere).

Even if you used your password of that email address on this site (note: reusing passwords is bad practice, don't do that), this site's hack will probably not be the leak of it, as we don't store your password for d12 - only a salted hash (with bcrypt, that's a good hash for passwords). It's extremely hard to get your original password from there.

Many services on the internet get hacked these days, skype, linkedin, windows live mail/hotmail (all the time), equifax. And not all of them tell you about it (or if they do, sometimes years after the incident).

The best defence against this is to use strong passwords and not reuse them on other sites (in order to remember these passwords, use a password manager).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
Could also be that you were using a password that has been "cracked" and that matches up against a hash table.
Madagascarter wrote:
Right, It was the only link I could think of so I guess I was just unlucky that this random hacker choose my spam account. I rarely go on it, I only went on it to get my early access link for the Fifa app and that is the only reason why I noticed it. I guess I've used this email and my password for a lot of sites which I might have only went on once just to try and find material and I've never told anyone my password except for direct family members and it's definitely not them so. I think I've got them out now. Is there an easy way to change my email on this site to a new one?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
dough_boy wrote:
Madagascarter
...I was just unlucky that this random hacker choose my spam account...
Usually the data is sold or given away on the black market so it is highly likely your account was not used by the hacker and instead someone else.
johnnybto wrote:
thanks team for the awesome job you do ALL the time in dealing with issues and whatnot, it is greatly appreciated.