You may want to change your passwords.
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Matty wrote:
We've been hacked. Someone managed to get a database and/or admin acocunt password.

This means that you may want to change your password. They are hashed and salted with bcrypt, so it's not easy to get the plaintext password from it. But they can use it to login on your account here.
If you use the password from this site on other sites, be sure to change it there as well (and don't use duplicate passwords anymore :)).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
We are currently in the process of restoring a backup of the General Discussions forum as well.

EDIT: there are some difficulties in restoring the backup and the General Discussions forum will be unavailable for the time being.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Madagascarter wrote:
Is this why one of my games on Ancient Realm mysteriously disappeared. It isn't in the finished games either.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Hoodlum wrote:
no. game 691383 was a separate issue causing a bug during the time the hacking was taking place.. The timer was stuck, and I was receiving notifications, where it was just better to force an end to the game, while programmers were offline, and that other things could be dealt with.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
The general discussions thread.
We have a backup from 2 weeks ago, but there's an issue with read/write access, so it's hard to restore just that thread, without deleting everything else.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
momagajic wrote:
Thats wierd ,so what next?general thread is important
Cireon wrote:
We are working with the hosting provider on restoring it as soon as possible.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Cireon wrote:
Good news: the General Discussions forum is mostly back. The backup is a few weeks old so some of the newest posts are missing. There is sadly nothing we can do to get those back. Also, it has not saved whether the threads were unread/read, so you will have to mark the entire forum as read again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Happy risking!
Fendi wrote:
Everyone please thank Cireon for his work, this would not have been possible without him. And Matty for taking care of the database and the admins for handling this it so well.
Cireon wrote:
Me last week:

[image]
elysium5 wrote:
Thanks, you guys!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."