alert in the end of turn
  • 53 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
Cireon wrote:
kwikool
is there some reason why the alert for running out of time doesn't alert me.. are there browsers that it doesn't work on??
We officially only support Firefox and Chrome.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Cireon wrote:
kwikool, in the other thread that you made you mentioned the turn runs out in the middle of the timer for you. Have you followed the instructions on our clock help page?

If that doesn't solve your problem, can you check that you have the notifications sound enabled under the "Options" tab in the game screen?

[image]

If yes, can you click the little speaker icons and let us know if those do work in providing you sound?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
kwikool wrote:
sorry about the frustration on my other post....  but I just finished another game where I was wining only to leave one country for my opponent to take the cards.  

yes the noise alert works and yes  the checkbox is checked....

I did find my system clock was off from your system time. 

I don't know about code....but it seams to be that it might be easier to run this off of the actual turn timer.

I will adjust my system time...however even 30 seconds could effect this timer
elysium5 wrote:
@kwikool
 You are still complaining about the timer in games so I son't think you realize the the problem is on your end, not ours. As Cireon just pointed out with the link to this page: https://dominating12.com/tutorial/systemclock

It is your computer clock that goes out of sinc. You need to refresh your own computer as described in the link when you see the little red triangle icon next to the game clock/timer when you are playing. That little reed triangle tells you that there is a problem with your own computer time and it does not align with the game clock.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
kwikool wrote:
i have refreshed my computer  

and unfortunately they dont stay synced.  do i need to reset my clock everytime i play??  
kwikool wrote:
can you put a link to this timer somewhere convenient so that i can resync everytime i play?
dough_boy wrote:
I thought there was an alert next to the server time in the chat area if they were not in sync?