alert in the end of turn
  • 53 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I also think that when you are playing a live game you should pay attention to the game, but what about when we are waiting to start. I've lost some games because I didn't remember I had created one or sometimes I found that there wasn't a place for me in a game I had created. Would it be possible some kind of warning when a game starts or when the 5 min. are finishing?

It can be just a signal in the dominating tab.

PS: I hope the Programmers can forgive me for that "just" in the last line.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Vexer wrote:
Yeah that would be nice if the tab notifies you that your 5 minutes is up and that you need to rejoin the game.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Muzuane, I agree with you about watching live games. Mostly. There are some, such as 5+ player games, where it takes at least 10 minutes between turns. That along with the 9 second refresh rate and I sometimes get tired of waiting. I can do a lot in 10 minutes, or even 8 minutes with 2 minutes to study what happened since I left.
ataker wrote:
how is this not a priority, its so obvious that there should be an alarm.

- faster games
- no missed turns(especially in a 5-9 player games, or if u ve created a 1 vs 1 game and waiting for a player to join)
- overall more enjoyable experience with D12

I personally used to multitasking, i wait for players to join my 1v1 game sometimes for up to 60 minutes while doing other things, and its so frustrating to see myself time out because i forgot to check D12 for 5-8mins.

Every second 4-8 player game has one or more turns missed, but you see that player is on the site. 
Matty wrote:
Because other things have a high priority as well, and are easier and more fun to do.

The code in turn.php is really an awful mess, everything is everywhere. It's horrible to do anything in there, even if its to look up what a specific function does...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I'll clean up turn.php on my next vacation. But that's not until next January.
Cireon wrote:
Additionally, having SOUND working cross-browser will take hours of work already anyhow.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
marcoxa wrote:
yea, its soundly like its going to take i while, i'd be willing to wait awhile as long as i know thats it scheduled to get done at some point.
lifeinpixels wrote:
If this option is still a possibility, it is probably the feature I would most like implemented.
Cireon wrote:
It has always been a possibility, but I will repeat my last statement: getting this to work, cross-browser will be a pain and a lot of work. Also, sound files are relatively big, so more traffic for the server as well (though we should be able to handle that completely fine :D)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Atlas2001 wrote:
It would be desirable if there were a popup box which brings up the tab game is on when it is your turn. It would eliminate many missed turns and make the game better for all.

I know it can be done because there is such a feature at another online RISK-clone site.Which makes it easy to play and type this , for example, I almost missed my turn because I was here typing just now, where if that popup also changed focus to the tab the game is on , no problem missing turns.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
It's not a bad idea, but I also have a problem with players that they aren't looking at the board when it's not their turn and they need more time for their turns (so the rest of us we have to wait longer) and many times their movements aren't that good because they just look at the actual board and they don't know the dynamic of that game.

If the price we have to pay for some new way of notification is that many player will pay less attention to the movements of the other players I rather keep the notification in the way we have it now
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Vexer wrote:
What if the notification was to let you know that your turn is next. Then you start planning your move before it's your turn.
Cireon wrote:
If we have sound working anyway, it should not be hard to add a shorter sound and a longer sound for both, possibly both are to be toggled in the user settings separately.