• 27 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Vexer wrote:
it is very rare that anyone will ever get a 15 or 20 turn in. but on those rare occasions it will cause a glorious upset.
Thorpe wrote:
Color Guard-"Cards"
RGB CARDS
COLOR GUARD
Thinking of others...
And Vexer fog is true war!!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
we could just use a term that others have used.
'based on combination'
so the options would be no cards, increasing, fixed, and based on combination. also, lets not forget capped cards, where cards increase like normal until they hit a specific number that was chosen when the game was created.
thaithai wrote:
this is my opinion:
THREE CARDS SAME COLOR
3 Blue Cards: 4 Troops
2 Blue Cards + Black Card= 4

3 Red Cards: 6 Troops
2 Red Cards+ Black Card=6

3 Green Cards: 8 Troops
3 Green Cards+ Black Card=8

CARDS WITH DIFFERENT COLORS
Blue + Red + Green = 10
Blue + Red + Black= 10
Blue + Black+ Green = 10
Black+ Red + Green = 10

2 BLACK CARDS
Black + Black + Blue=(Blue + Red + Green) + (3 Blue Cards)=14
Black + Black + Red=(Blue + Red + Green) + (3 Red Cards)=16
Black + Black + Green=(Blue + Red + Green) + (3 Green Cards)=18

3 BLACK CARDS
(Blue + Red + Green)+(3 Blue Cards)+(3 Red Cards)+(3 Green Cards)=28
Pntbttr wrote:
I like this idea but I would definitely say you have to add this as another option do not get rid of the old cards. I am not sure about the last two though thaithai....I guess it's rare to get 3 or even 2 black cards.
Pntbttr wrote:
What if we made the cards that give less men more commen then the ones that give you a higher amount of men.
Vexer wrote:
pntbttr, i thought i had already said this but the probability of how often you get a certain color card will not and cannot change unless we rewrite all of the code that deals with cards, which we won't do.

The point of this game option has nothing to do with probability it is an option that adds more luck dynamics to the game.
Pntbttr wrote:
Ah I see.....in that case it would make games a lot more chancey.....I think it's a good idea but....I don't know if I like more chance in the game I get bad luck as it is....
lucide wrote:
Option is an option, all right, seems like doing no harm to the original game, it requires an effort to implement and hecen it should make sense and add a different approach to the game that would comprimise that implementation effort. I can not agree that game will be more balanced with that option, knowing the number of cards the opponents have give a good hint to choose correct strategy, with that option, the number of expected enemy-bonuses varies a lot. I personally would not choose that option, and vote against to spend time to implement it currently, thinking about all other urgent fixes needed.

Apart from these, I made a quick calculation of probabilities without taking black into consideration, correct me if I am wrong.

XXX refers to 3-same color set and RGB refers to

3 cards:
RGB 6/27
XXX 3/27
non 18/27

4 cards:
RGB 36/81
XXX 27/81
non 18/81

with 5cards:
RGB 126/243
XXX 153/243
(these two do not add up to one, since they overlap. this is indeed a quite nice counting question, or lets say a math riddle (votazap.. :)), and I am not completely sure about my answer, could someone validate these? )

So, it seems like having the 3-same color set is less likely than having 3-different color set, when there are 3 or 4 cards in hand, but it gives less bonus according to the proposal. A bit contrary to what you expect from being lucky.

Only waiting till 5 gives a slight advantage of probability to have a 3-different set.

Taking black card into consideration, this really becomes quite advanced mathematical question. I remember about a 1/20 percentage of chance for black to appear. Can you tell me Vexer, what is the exact probability distribution for cards?
-NoXoN- wrote:
I suggest you to not spend your time with this option lucide, cause noone like it but me.
 I liked to have something between fixed and increasing cards.
Like with fog of war you dont know how many troops enemy have. So you dont know how many troops enemy will get from cards.

I see one chance to balance game, is when strongest player get small bonus in cards and when weak player get high bonus. but as much as you can balance game you can lose it. It has happen to me when i saw i lost game in 3rd round, and i had nothing to do just to continue game and is not fun, even cause i had cards i couldnt balance game. This is the only option who allow you to balance game (saving black card and using it when you need to break someone or ...) cant happen often but sometimes yes. Oh and main reason why i liked this cards is not balancing game, but is very fun.

With this cards you have to play very different strategy. I think is fun.
 I Know there are some players who dont like australia in world map cause is easy to keep it.So what is if make map with big regions that you have to hold 5+ borders? that will make players to figh each other for nothing more than card, and that is BORING to play deathmatch like this.
 Players have to use brain to use this luck from cards.

Just a suggestion
Thorpe wrote:
I like it...sounds like fun!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next