• 27 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
-NoXoN- wrote:
 THREE CARDS SAME COLOR
3 Blue Cards: 4 Troops
3 Red Cards: 6 Troops
3 green Cards: 8 Troops

YOU CANT HAVE 3 BLACK CARDS, SO BLACK CARD HAVE TO BE MIXED WITH 2 DIFFERENT COLOR CARDS
Black Card:  10 Troops

CARDS WITH DIFFERENT COLORS
  Blue + Red + Green = 18
  Black + Blue + Red = 20
  Black + Red + Green = 24
  Black + Blue + green = 22

I would like to know if someone think that this is good idea, i know there are many things more important that have to be done.
sekretar wrote:
i dont like flate rate..to much luck..and this is worst then usual flate rate-18.20.22.24!!! and what, you trade 24 me 4..where is my chance there?? my prosose is for auto attack and new 3 min in speed games when you kill one player. and -better server, of course ;)
Crystal wrote:
I'd prefer the more traditional 4 for a red set, 6 for a blue set, 8 for a green set, and 10 for a set with one of each color. With blacks still being a wild card.

(my color order might be wrong though)
-NoXoN- wrote:
 @Sekretar: Will not be often that someone will have more than 18 troops bonus, cause you need black card for that.
 Yes it can happen that someone trade cards and get 24 troops and you will get only 4, this cant happen often cause in other side you need bad luck to have 3 blue cards to turn cards with +4 troops . But when this happen it can be good come back also fast win. And usually players will get bonus +18

@Crystal: i also like your color order. But i guess is better if bonus will be higher with black card.
Vexer wrote:
@sekretar
we are working on giving more time after killing a player in live games sekretar. it is at the very top of the list. we are also going to increase server RAM from 2 to 4gb because we just learned it was part of the problem.

@noxon
Having more options is always good. I think though that the numbers should be different and it should be simplified. people won't like the option if they have to open this thread every time they play with the option in order to find out how many troops they will get for their cards. Sek is right, you turn in 24 and I turn in only 4... there is too big a difference especially in 2p games (anyone smart would not use this option in 2p games anyway)

Here's my suggestion to simplify it so that it can be memorized

THREE CARDS SAME COLOR
3 Blue Cards: 4 Troops
3 Red Cards: 6 Troops
3 green Cards: 8 Troops

THREE CARDS WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR
10 Troops

BLACK CARD IN ANY COMBINATION
12 Troops

3 blacks are possible on some of the larger maps (very rare). 3 blacks = 20 troops

If there is anyone out there that is good with statistics and can tell us if there is a difference in probability between getting 3 of the same color and 3 different color?

There is a long list of things to work on on the site but i will add this to the list once we get the details agreed upon.
Vexer wrote:
just read crystals post. actually i think the best order would be red, green, blue. it is much easier to remember for those who know about RGB. that term is used on computers for displaying colors. each color is a mix of red, green, and blue always in that order.
Crystal wrote:
Vexer, I like your three blacks = 20 idea, then 2 blacks + another color should be 15.

Also the statistics of getting each color would depend on the game and how many cards are in it. Also are there more of one color in the game? And would you want the game to have a bias towards cards of lesser value? ie more red cards than green.
Blizzard417 wrote:
I am going to have to agree with sek on this one. I don't like the idea of set numbers. Too much luck. UNLESS there would be fewer Green cards(8 troops), than red cards(6), then less red than blue. Still not sure though
Thorpe wrote:
What would you call the option "Righteous Cards"?
I do like the option though...the turn in will never allow an huge turn-in force to build up...better playing field!
What ever the trade in amounts would be... try to keep it simple so us "old guys" don't have to worry about how to figure it out.

Will other players know what color cards you have? Make it like that, so we know how many armies the other players will get and then we can see who to kill first for their cards.
Or will be just luck?

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
no one will know what color cards you have. you will just have to plan for the worst.

there is an equal amount of each color card and that won't change because it would screw up the increasing and fixed card games. the color of the card is locked to a territory when a map is created.

@ blizzard, not everyone needs to like the option. you don't have to play in games with this option. we should still have the option for people who do want to try it out for fun.

here's is an update based on what's been said:

THREE CARDS SAME COLOR
3 Red Cards: 4 Troops
3 Green Cards: 6 Troops
3 Blue Cards: 8 Troops

THREE CARDS WITH A DIFFERENT COLOR
10 Troops

1 BLACK CARD
12 Troops

2 BLACK CARDS
15 Troops

3 BLACK CARDS
20 troops

i think it would be much easier to remember this way. Noxon would this be an acceptable modification for you?
-NoXoN- wrote:
Definitely yes vexer. Game will be more balanced and order of names are based on term that is used on computers to display colors and I think is better so.

Normaly we will have bonus +10, not big difference from fixed cards, but i like that we have hope for higher bonus with black card and hope for enemy to get small bonus. There is a mystery strategy.
jaconan wrote:
Not a fan of these proposals. Part of the strategy is based on when you think others might turn in cards and what that value might be. There is already a lot of luck involved but we are adding even more by allowing players who didn't play as well suddenly get a card winfall while you get an unlucky 4, etc.
-NoXoN- wrote:
Jaconan, partly I agree with you, but you see only the negative side. To win game you must be lucky sometimes. With territories that you got automaticly, with being first who take turn, being lucky to turn in with 3 cards when you need etc.
 Keep in mind, black card is always luck. With righteous cards sometimes you can get chance to balance game ( if you wait to have 5 cards so you can choose how you like to turn in). And you can do mistake by using 3 same cards with same color. So there is chance thar you never get 4 troops from cards. Makes you to think more.

I love to try new things.
Vexer wrote:
people like options. more options are good for the site. it will make it more attractive to more users.

you don't have to join games with this option if you don't like it. you don't see me playing many fog games do you?

I assume that Noxon really likes his name 'righteous cards' but it would be better for new users if the term was more descriptive. anybody have ideas on a more descriptive name?