I never seem to have enough of it in live games
  • 23 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Vexer wrote:
they are both easy to implement and they should both be done.
From my work with TurboRisk I can tell you that auto attack speeds up the game considerably. Player's who don't like the option don't have to use it. But they will still benefit from other people using it because it will speed up the game and if those players don't use the feature wisely they could end up losing extra men which would help you even more ;)
Pntbttr wrote:
I like the Vexer option in turbo risk they beat me in the turbo risk today. And I differently agree that it speeds the game up turbo risk is proof.
Glanru wrote:
I agree with 1771's point to the extent that 100 v 100 armies is not that common. But, I often attack 30 v 15 or so. These attacks take much time and are very boring. Combining my observation with what he stated, I still disagree with a "do or die" or "autoattack" option where you keep going until you die. But, I have an idea of my own.

I like the idea of "times" attacking. Possible interface would look like a drop-down box with values 1 to 10 (default 1) with an "X" (multiplication or "times";) and then the attack button. If you had 30 armies and wanted to attack a territory with 15 armies, you could select up to 7 X attack. Above that number should display an error due to the fact that if you attacked 8 times, you can't guarantee that the defender will have 2 armies to roll dice with. Likewise, you'd have to limit the attacker to a number of attacks where they have 3 or more attacking armies (4 in territory) or more. This would allow multiples of 5 dice to be requested by the server at one time, instead of doing a dice roll, comparing results, then requesting new dice. You could still display the dice rolls one on top of each other if you wanted, no need to hide them. This would allow you to attack more than once, but not so many times that you kill off all your armies trying to take a territory.
Vexer wrote:
i believe i already said most of that in this line glanru:

"Next to the attack button could be a drop down box that lets you choose how many attacks to do at once."
Glanru wrote:
And in what part of that did you coin a phrase? It's all about marketing baby, yeah! Lets give it up for "times" attacking. Additionally, that line did not indicate any limit on the ability. There is a huge difference between attacking 10 times with no limits and having the server send 10 requests for random dice, and limiting your "times" you can attack based on actual armies so that you can send one request for 10 dice rolls. I can see by what I said that you may have thought I was taking credit by stating, "But, I have an idea of my own." Instead of stating, "I have an addition to the idea previously mentioned."
1771 wrote:
Alright now we got brothers going at it, now we are a real family :)