Game option for better and more predictable rolls
  • 28 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Vexer wrote:
thanks for sharing skychaser. I look forward to defeating you, oops I mean playing you soon. :)
Pntbttr wrote:
In Turbo risk there is an option for evening it out we fortifying. This would also be a good idea.
Glanru wrote:
It is very frustrated when I get terrible rolls. I like this idea as proposed.
BrewDog wrote:
Ummm, how about adding a larger die? A twelve or twenty side dice? It would increase the randomness, plus with the attacker having an extra die, the odds of winning should increase. Other than that, sometimes ya just gotta lay off the attack button.
Pntbttr wrote:
Brewdog is right! We should have a choice as to how many sides on the dice...We have a board game with eight (or six I can't remember) sided die...
Vexer wrote:
why would you want the odds of an attacker winning the battle to increase? I just want the outcomes to be more predictable but not change the game so that the attacker has even more of an advantage.
taz69 wrote:
maybe an idea would be if both defender and attacker roll same the roll would be void as a stalemate is declared as no one wins and no one loses
Vexer wrote:
It's a nice idea but we won't be implementing it. We aren't going to have options for changing the way the dice work. This is a traditional risk site.

The purpose of the proposed advanced dice option is to make long term battle outcomes more predictable. Your idea doesn't help in that regard.

Advanced dice will get implemented eventually but there are bugs to fix first.
Teaxtor wrote:
I would really appreciate the option of advanced dice to prevent real frustrating games where a lot of turns in a row you loose every fight because of bad dice rolls. As I don't think that it's just really bad luck but the limitations of randomly computer-generated numbers, it is a good option to keep players motivation up.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I don´t like bad rolls (I know I am not original at all) but my "problem" with dice is when a big army is stopped for a few troops because of bad luck . What I suggest is give a handicap to the smalest armies when there is a huge differennce size.

Imagine there are 2 armies, one with 15 troops and the other with 65. The smaller army will roll a normal dice (whater is attacking or not) but the bigger one would have a 18 faces die with more 5´s and 6`s than the avarage and less 1´s and 2´s than the average

The faces would be, for example:

1,1,2,2, 3,3,3,4,4,4, 5,5,5,5,5,6,6,6

Bad luck is still posible but at least you know if you go to fight with a much bigger army you only have to fear Spartans
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Holt wrote:
As much as I hate the dice at times just as much as they have hurt they have also come back help me. I have had some terrible rolls before but for every terrible loss there is an unearned win to even it out. I like the ideas everyone posts on here but to start messing with the dice would, I feel, only create more complaints. Imagine you had the 15 and the other player had the 65. I'm pretty sure if your 15 only took out 2 to 3 troops while attacking you and then continues on you would complain that your 15 should have taken out at least a few more troops. At the present time barring terrible luck you should usually be able to judge when you will not have enough to defeat someone. If you all want this expanded dice option then that's up to the people programming it but I would rather not field the complaints that could ensue because of it.