Game option for better and more predictable rolls
  • 28 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Vexer wrote:
Everyone has complained about really bad dice at some point. In fact there have been players that stopped playing because they are sick of getting bad rolls.

I believe that there is a solution to this problem. I have been thinking about this for months and have come up with the idea to have an advanced dice game option.

When creating a game you would choose between normal dice and advanced dice. Under advanced dice you would then specify the maximum number of armies that a player could lose in a row with 4 as the default. This would be a max number of armies the defender or attacker could lose in a row in a single battle. If you start attacking another territory before conquering the first one, then it is another battle and the count for armies lost in a row gets reset.

I think that this option would lessen the frustration of getting really bad rolls without removing the random element of the game.

There is another competing site that is experimenting with a dice modification but they completely remove the role of dice with a 1 to 1 ratio. i.e. if you attack 15 times both defender and attacker lose 15 armies. I don't think that type of game would be any fun.

My suggestion would not prevent bad rolls, just really bad rolls. You could still lose 4 armies in a row, kill one, and then lose 4 more in a row but it would be many times less likely than it currently is.

I understand that this is a departure from the board game but the fact that we are playing on computers makes it easy for us to actually improve the game with options like this.

As far as I know, my idea is unique and I think that it would make the site so appealing that we would get more users to switch from other sites.
Votazap wrote:
wow,thats a really good idea,it would help prevent me from losing 9vs1 lol
Teck wrote:
This definitely sounds very promising Vexer. What do you guys think? Let's jump in to contribute your 2 cents.
Vexer wrote:
with this system you still won't know that you will win a given attack. you can still get crappy dice. This would just prevent really terrible dice. And you can custom set the number of armies in a row that you can lose so that you can decide at what level this option makes the attacks too predictable.
lukiPSE wrote:
Vexer I don't think this dice is problem. You have same rules as us but you win many games , which means you don't lose much cause of bad rolls. And if they change rules you will suffer when they attack often. Who left site cause of bad rolls? Sure is someone who can't find good reason, rolls are same for everyone. I say multiclick attack is stupid and is used by players who don't think much about how to win.
Votazap wrote:
luki,i like vexers idea maily because its an option,players like options...if you dont like that rule,well,fine then,you dont have to play that way..but i know when i get bad rolls and get steamed,i would like to play that way just to have a better chance of winning and get better rules,you can still get really bad rolls that way,it would just prevent rolls like losing 9vs1 and 7vs1 and crazy things like that,i mean,on a board game i have never lost 9vs1(close)but not that bad...i think it would be a great option :)
lukiPSE wrote:
votazap  i never said i dont like this idea . You are new here and new members usually they are not active in forum . And losing 9vs1 this can happen 1% . seeing your profile when you have kill every player BLACKKNESS , MIKE , CHUOS all of them good players , but vexer is killing you and you keep vexers side so hard just makes me to think you are .....2 .

enjoy this site , i do so .
1771 wrote:
i like the ideal, and as vexer said it would only be an option, i believe that the more options the site has the more players that would be drawn to the site. I say go for it, i believe more options=more players, and options that other sites don't have, makes it even better!!!!
Pntbttr wrote:
I'm not sure if I'd like it or not. Persanally I don't think I've ever lost 9vs1/7vs1. I think it's a good idea; but unnesassary.
LIL_APPLEHEAD wrote:
I like the idea alot because personally i have been losing crazy odds like 12vs3 or 7vs1 im not going to leav bc of it but it would attract more people an that we need i wish to play more live games...it is more about strategy then odds but it would help players with less experience because not everyone is experienced at the game. The more people win the more they are interested and the more people we will get on the site. I've been on here three days an I really like the site an want to help improve it.
LIL_APPLEHEAD wrote:
It is important that we keep it an option though because as u can c not everyone likes the idea
skychaser wrote:
Actually. It's called pseudo random distribution and this method is used in a lot of games nowadays.
IMHO. It would help increasing the strategic field of the game while decreasing the Luck factor.

http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/ftopic18287.html
Here an explanation about the system in a game called DOTA.

I must add something. If the system is used in the terrible bad loses is like something it woul lessen the probabilities os losing too many times in a row by adding some points to the dices. It should also aply to the winning side by decreasing some number to the dices as to not alter the final result too much.

skychaser wrote:
I think it's a must have feature to this game since it's enhancing the strategic field to a new level.
I'm dead tired of losing 13x1 or something so having a limit to winings or losings it's a good thing.
skychaser wrote:
I forgot to tell. It's the equation used by Blizzard so it's used in a lot of games. Including the infamous World of Warcraft.