Who truly are the most lucky and unlucky players on the site?
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Ryomyr wrote:
Hello,

Would it be possible to calculate lifetime and/or ongoing kill to death ratio statistics? It would obviously be for entertainment purposes, but it might be fun to lay claim to "I am the unluckiest player on this site," followed up with a verifiable leaderboard of luck stats. :)

Thanks!

With love,
Ryomyr
Rockbert wrote:
This is a good idea!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
bluebonnet wrote:
Great idea.
I would suggest adding some detail to avoid confusion and frustration. Not all attacks/defenses are created equal. A 3v1 attack has much better odds than 1v2. Comparing apples and oranges. Bad players who consistently attack 1v3 for that one card they need will always have poorer odds than players who consistently attack when odds are in their favor and forgoe a card rather than lose troops across the entire map in bad atatcks.

So maybe seperate categories for 3v2, 3v1, 2v2, 2v1, 1v2, 1v1

bluebonnet is online.
hiscorginess wrote:
So maybe seperate categories for 3v2, 3v1, 2v2, 2v1, 1v2, 1v1
idk thats another unnecessary step to the core functionality of the website

what i mean is, to record kdr, the best possible non-interfering method is to take the results of the entire match then do the calculations at the end, you always want to avoid bloating the actual core attack because users get grumpy when result takes longer (and it often does take too long when ping is high) - like when you attack from siam to china, itll have to do a (frankly unnessecary) db check up, compare, do calculations then do the actual important stuff, or itll have to queue it for later which requires building a rather complex queuing system which mind you is a thing people have real jobs for

but this method (using game log/instructions) does not know how many troops were on a territory and how many you were attacking with if its doing it step by step (see killed 3 and lost 4, add that to kdr, move on)
if you wanted to know if you attacked 3v1, 3v2 or whatever youd have to first rebuild the entire game and simulate it based on the instructions (game log) which is just too much

idk what the actual infrastructure is again im just guessing, could be wrong by a lot (o heavenly programmers please correct me on my wrongdoings)
three beetles, a shoe salesman and a priest walk into a bar
hiscorginess wrote:
sounds like something an extension would do :< it would only sync by browser (or in chromes case, by gmail, if its synced that is) and not account (unless you paid for access to a database or something)

seems possible, i will look into it because i have a match rebuilder already, PM me in about a week if you want this to happen :z i forget 100% of the time and im not gonna record this in my project queue because damn that things packed
Xixi2 wrote:
Or you could store every type of fight the same way you do logs during the game without showing them, and only update each player's score at the end, no need to query a database at each result.
Then you just add a bit more logs that you don't show the players.
Matty wrote:
To the best of my knowledge there aren't any heavenly programmers around here, y'all have to make do with the human ones :)

I would really like more stats - probably in the form where after a game is ended all stats will be analyzed and maybe added to a total on your profile somewhere (including he 3v1, 3v2 etc difference). Sadly, we currently don't have the code-design to easily do something like this. So either a volunteer programmer comes around and builds just a counter total killed total lost on a per game basis (that'd be doable) or you'll have to wait until some of the code is refactored.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
hiscorginess wrote:
Or you could store every type of fight the same way you do logs during the game without showing them, and only update each player's score at the end, no need to query a database at each result.

hmm
ok so my original idea was 'no pls i like tiemy wheiemy' your idea is 'we can keep time very similar at the cost of database space', now the real solution would be a mix of both (queues that take in the player id and results of the fight then do all the statistic stuff later i think since they might want to add more types of stats in the future) but it is safe to say matty is fully to blame for this and that fact will not change

that is a very nice idea however xixi :thumbs_up: didnt consider an unordered pool of spaghetti as a solution

thank you for your time: i swear i spent like an hour writing this post, kept getting off-track