See how much time you spent on the site
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
vikingo1337 wrote:
How about a visible stopwatch that counts each player's dwell time on the site?

It could be automatically activated once a player logs on to the site, steadily adding to the player's total dwell time, and then be automatically deactivated again once the player logs off.

It would help each of us determine how much time we spend here, so we can adjust accordingly for time management purposes.

We could also use it to crown/reward the most active player on the site every month.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
God_of_War wrote:
I've thought about this not for "dwelling time" but for how long it actually takes to make any of your turns for LT games. And yes I know we all sleep, but even that would even out across the board for everyone too.

I for one am active all day and most of the night. If I wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, many times I will see if my turns are up and make many of them to keep the game going.
Hi there!
vikingo1337 wrote:
Well, naturally that would obfuscate the result, but the stopwatch would still be useful I think. Perhaps there's a way to distinguish between active time and idling.

A turn time average would be interesting to look at, too. Is this player someone who moves fast, or does he run down the clock? Maybe I will/won't play him then.
~Fafnismal 28
God_of_War wrote:
vikingo1337
Well, naturally that would obfuscate the result, but the stopwatch would still be useful I think. Perhaps there's a way to distinguish between active time and idling.

A turn time average would be interesting to look at, too. Is this player someone who moves fast, or does he run down the clock? Maybe I will/won't play him then.

I still wait for a 12 hour turn clock. Check in 2 times a day, not very difficult to do. It's not like any of us sleep for 12 hours either. And if you do, don't join 12 hour turn games.
Hi there!
vikingo1337 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Shorter turns in longterm games would be great. I posted a suggestion about it in the forum a while back:

https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/3385/same-timezone-games
~Fafnismal 28