– from among the ones you already purchased
  • 23 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Hoodlum wrote:
i think it should be automatic, might as well make the points visible too.
but we should have a game option where the game creator can choose options for an anonymous game where it displays a blank rank and your opponents as one of the other 8 possible colours.
example (click to show)
all is revealed after the game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Blagoje_Jovovic wrote:
I think we should keep buying ranks with tokens, but also if someone bought all the ranks why then he can't choose which rank to wear considering that he has points to support it

so the generals will be infiltrated as lutenants, but those who have no points will not be able to place a rank who have no points to support or have not bought

if it were automatic, then only those who previously spent tokens to buy are at a disadvantage

“Vital lives are about action. You can't feel warmth unless you create it, can't feel delight until you play, can't know serendipity unless you risk.”
Cireon wrote:
Blagoje_Jovovic
so the generals will be infiltrated as lutenants, but those who have no points will not be able to place a rank who have no points to support or have not bought
Honestly, is this what people come to this site for? Silly mind games? This is a site to play risk. I have zero interest in this metagame of choosing what rank you show.

Blagoje_Jovovic
if it were automatic, then only those who previously spent tokens to buy are at a disadvantage
We can refund the tokens.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
KOE_KittyKat wrote:
I tend to agree that once you rank up you are a target... and you seem to lose a disproportionate amount of points when playing with those who are lower ranked that you... this is why to my mind that the majority of high ranked players, with the exception of a few I might add, only play with people of a similar ranking. This in itself is disproportionate....just saying..... I think everybody should play everybody of any rank and you should lose points for not doing so ^^ ^^... that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons!!! :roll:
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
i think it should be automatic, might as well make the points visible too.
but we should have a game option where the game creator can choose options for an anonymous game where it displays a blank rank and your opponents as one of the other 8 possible colours.
example (click to show)
all is revealed after the game.

Yeah, that was my suggestion for Total Fog. I would probably play this exclusively.
GriffinUcos wrote:
KOE_KittyKat
I tend to agree that once you rank up you are a target...

As I said I don't agree. That was because your points can be seen in other parts of the site.
@KOE_KittyKat :- and you don't need to be ranked that high. I've taken a break as I cannot hold my head up to the loss of 17 in a row. Too many unexpected losses. Game 1044964 FOG I am sure was just one of those statistical examples where we initially got taken out in rank order.

Fully in agreement with the option to have a totally anonymous game, thanks Hoodlum.
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon."
sfclimbers wrote:
  • I agree with not having to buy rank, and everyone being automatically ranked according to their performance without having to purchase anything. As a new user, I was very turned off by the whole concept. Rather than encouraging me to play more, it soured the experience.
  • I don't support anything that would allow someone to misrepresent the facts (i.e. display anything less than actual rank), which is something that I already don't like about the current system in that people simply don't buy the higher rank thereby misrepresenting themselves. If I really care, I look at the number of games they've played and can quickly figure out that their not a private!
  • I don't mind the ability to hide rank. But, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that that was worse, since everyone might simply assume that you're highly ranked and would go after you anyway (if that was what they were predisposed to doing to highly ranked players)

Something that might help would be to include a "Hide all ranks" option in game creation, such that highly ranked people could create their own games in a way that nobody stood out as being high/low/hidden. Wouldn't really help for joining other people's games. But, might be a decent compromise.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that Hoodlum essentially proposed exactly that. I agree; support blank rank games.