optional feature
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Bearskin wrote:
Really depends on how easy this is to program - just throwing it out there as an idea.

This would be an advanced on/off option (like FOG or Balanced Dice).

At the beginning of each round, there is a chance that one player will lose one territory due to insurrection by the local population.
The territory turns neutral and then follows the usual pattern of decay (down to 3 troops) unless it is reclaimed or conquered by another player.

Conditions
  • Does not happen during the first four or five rounds
  • Probably not an option in Capitals games
  • If a player has suffered insurrection in either of the previous 2 rounds, they are immune
  • If a player has less than 3 territories, they are immune
  • The selected territory will always be one of the least populated (in troop terms) of the chosen player's territories
  • meaning it will more than likely be a territory with 1 troop - sitting in the middle of a region!

Alternatively, this could be employed as a way of discouraging "turtling"
If a player goes a certain number of rounds without attacking anyone, they experience insurrection in one (or maybe two) of their territories.

Dima wrote:
I support it
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
dough_boy wrote:
Bearskin
If a player goes a certain number of rounds without attacking anyone, they experience insurrection in one (or maybe two) of their territories.

Who are you playing that does this? I think maybe the only time this happens for me is early on in a game before cashing has started.

Also, it could be an interesting dynamic, but likely not at the top of the list.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Good idea, but too many conditions. Keep it simple.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
aeronautic wrote:
A good idea, but I see a few flaws with it and here are a few examples:

1) In those games where a player is being attacked into a corner or over attacked and has all their troops spread over their last 4 territories.
2) In big games where the troop numbers on all territories are high, a player could lose their lowest 100+ troops instantly.
3) Turtling is not always the case, even if the program sees it as such. In fog games a player can be left with 4, 5 or 6 territories all facing a separate enemy and need a certain amount on each to ward off attack.

You could alter the criteria, but how many territories do you set it to and on which maps, as some maps only allow 3 or 4 territories each in multiplayer games.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.