It's too short!
  • 30 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
dough_boy wrote:
So then it stands to reason if you have more people the avoid list could be longer. I don't care either way as I have no one on my avoid list.
Matty wrote:
aeronautic
It doesn't get any higher up the "food chain" than the reply above.
Except that that reply can be understood both as a yes and a no, depending on how you look at it B|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
vikingo1337 wrote:
10 spots instead of five then? I’m running out of people to namedrop here.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
aeronautic wrote:
@Matty, I am not really involved in the discussion, I was merely pointing out something in case it was missed. o_O |) :hand:  :')

@vikingo1337, I have no need of an Avoid List as I don't currently play, so I have no opinion on the suggestion.
I think it probably comes down to whether or not the suggestion is considered as essential or even required and it probably needs lots of feedback from other players to resolve that?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
i think it's fine the way it is. I don't have players on my list, but i know i'm on a lot of lists because of my very special admin dice. rejected. i kinda don't like the avoid list for that reason. it's always 1v1 players. but i'm fine for those players to pay premium to avoid me, or lock their games, or keep rotating their 5 player avoid list.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
I don't have anyone on my avoid list either...never have.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
vikingo1337 wrote:
Example: At the moment I have the choice between blocking players who do not keep their word when agreeing to a temporary truce. Or blocking players who are maintargeting and suiciding on me. Sometimes in groups. I cannot block both. There are that many of them. And more by the day, as the site grows. So what do you suggest I do to protect myself without premium?

In other words, this topic is still relevant, even if it does not affect you personally. I honestly don’t see why the Avoid List should not be expanded. Some of us desperately need it. And if you don’t, then a larger list won’t affect you negatively anyway.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
aeronautic wrote:
Yes it's still relevant, because it relies on other's opinions.
We have to wait for others to reply.

I think it probably comes down to whether or not the suggestion is considered as essential or even required and it probably needs lots of feedback from other players to resolve that?

Others posting Required/Not Required or Essential/Not Essential as they are essentially doing above, are all part of the process which may or may not result in a decision to amend the Avoid List.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Fendi wrote:
I am kind of reluctant but at the same time I know its benefits.

I suppose we can increase it to 10.
Hoodlum wrote:
is it possible to program it so that the avoid does not work for 2p games? players are avoiding for suiciders, bad players. it doesn't matter for 2p games
there are a lot of 1v1 players that use the avoid 'cause they don't like an opponents dice, poor sports. would be a pity to see these type of players benefited from more of an avoid list.
Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
is it possible to program it so that the avoid does not work for 2p games? players are avoiding for suiciders, bad players. it doesn't matter for 2p games
there are a lot of 1v1 players that use the avoid 'cause they don't like an opponents dice, poor sports. would be a pity to see these type of players benefited from more of an avoid list.
I could optionally allow you to avoid someone for everything except 2p games. But I would still want someone to be able to avoid someone in a 2 player game.

One of the reasons for avoiding is just to make sure you don't have to play a player that always gets on your nerves. You play for fun, so just block him from joining your games right?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
nvm
i don't use the avoid list myself. 
i get blocked a lot due to suspicion that i have special dice (admin dice). as i play a lot of 1v1 it gets said a lot and with the extension of the avoid list these type of poor sports will end up with a bigger list that benenfits them where they pick and choose. if they wanna pick and choose then they should lock their room, is how i feel. my perspective
Matty wrote:
Fendi
I suppose we can increase it to 10.
Non members should now be able to avoid 10 ppl instead of 5.
Fendi wrote:
Matty
Non members should now be able to avoid 10 ppl instead of 5.
Thank you Matty