What is the absolute limit?
  • 24 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Game https://dominating12.com/game/994777 is live!

1) elysium5
2) slackbatter
3) dough_boy
4) KOE_KittyKat
5) Anaxagore
6) Matty
7) Virtuosity98
8) maafi
9) AlexCheckMate

Plan: Following the order we are randomly placed in (1 through 9), we all take cards and move all but 1 army out of our capitals and place as many armies as we can next to the number above you (this because: 2 will elim 1, 3 eliminates 2, 4 eliminates 3, etc - this commences as soon as 1 gets his/her 5th card - before then, no eliminations). After you have eliminated this ONE person above you, you do NOT do anything anymore - you let the turn RUN OUT OF TIME.

Elaborate plan (click to show)

Hope it'll all go well and then we'll see whether we did something cool :roll:
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
slackbatter wrote:
So there's that glitch that happens where a player doesn't get a card if they do not take one more territory after making a kill and turning in cards. Obviously we're not turning in cards in this game so it might not be an issue, but I wonder if that glitch can still happen if the timer runs out after a kill (not something that normally happens in a game so we don't know). Do we know if this glitch was ever fixed? Hopefully it just won't be an issue but it crossed my mind.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
slackbatter
So there's that glitch that happens where a player doesn't get a card if they do not take one more territory after making a kill and turning in cards. Obviously we're not turning in cards in this game so it might not be an issue, but I wonder if that glitch can still happen if the timer runs out after a kill (not something that normally happens in a game so we don't know). Do we know if this glitch was ever fixed? Hopefully it just won't be an issue but it crossed my mind.

If the glitch happens, I'll (or anyone else for that matter) contact crew to return the turn to that player, so it can be replayed (we've seen this before a few times).
So yeah - if this glitch happens, do not panic - just wait (and contact crew) till it is fixed so we can continue with the grand finale ^_^

I also do not know whether it can (still) happen... but yeah... there's nothing we can't solve, we the coolcats =d
Thanks for pointing it out! Anything else that comes to mind, sure share - we would like to see this as much streamlined as possible^^
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
slackbatter
If this glitch happends then:
1. I'll be happy because I've found a really easy game to experiment how on earth that stupid glitch is happening so that I can hopefully fix it
2. Message me - There is a way to get you your turn back so that you then still can take that extra territory anyways.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
29 cards! I bet that took some doing and is probably a new world record?!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
The game has come to an end.
I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions - I truly loved this venture which we undertook together.

Some screenshots (bundled: https://imgur.com/a/spxncFi ) :

All preparations done - first elimination is imminent!
Spoiler (click to show)

I'd like to invite anyone else who took some cool screenies, to share them here too :)

-Alex

PS - if someone feels like combining every 2 pictures into 1, feel free =d I'm kinda tired atm

― Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I put all the pics into a spoiler.

Wow 44 cards I counted.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.