Beta Feedback
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
Cool. We have assassination mode.

It's still in beta and started being playable as of today.

Please use this thread for things like bugs, or feedback.

I have yet to play it, but I observed a game, and as a spectator I suppose the gamelog can be an indicator of who's target is who.

@lazer36 mentions 24 Dec, 21:18
lazer36: "they need to get rid of log for this game type"

playing fog assassination might be a good option. Sametime? woo hoo.

keep the feedback coming..enjoy
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
maafi wrote:
Any chance we can have the target name to be highlighted in that player's colour?
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Matty wrote:
@Maafi: in team games you have to kill an entire team, so that's more than one colour to kill.

I do have a plan to add an icon (a sniper's scope) in the colour of the player, or in the colours of the team.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maafi wrote:
In a recent game my target was Henris who often chooses the colour black. So I, stupidly, spent the first couple of turns eyeing up black before I realised that Henris was actually purple. :$
Fortunately it was early and I hadn't gone on a maafi-massacre.
Let’s play Twister, let’s play risk
Hoodlum wrote:
maybe this needs a re-word, because of the resignation factor?

Assassination game
In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill that player you win. If someone else kills your target you get your previous target's target.

perhaps..
Assassination game
In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill that player you win. If your target is killed before you kill him, you inherit your previous target's target.

dough_boy wrote:
Maybe "In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill your target you win. If your target is killed/resigns before you kill them, you inherit the target of your previous target."
Matty wrote:
I can see Hoodlum's suggestion. I don't like dough_boy's suggestion because resigning is (or at least should be) such an edge case.
Apart from that, dough_boy's suggestion is incomplete, because you still have two turns to choose if you want to take him out anyways, or if you want his target.

And that edge case I really don't want in a FAQ.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
Assassination game
In this gametype, every player gets a target to kill. If you kill that player you win. If your target is killed before you kill him, you inherit your previous target's target.
It's changed now.
periwinkle wrote:
Food for thought: 
I am currently playing my 2nd assassin game and I have been avoiding it since I am accustomed to different rules elsewhere. . I must admit, I do NOT like how targets switch if it they are killed by someone else....essentially, you can play it as a slight variation of deathmatch. There is really no strategy involved....just wait until card sets get high enough and run the board..voila, gagner! No difference compared to deathmatch.

In my humble opinion, that isn't that interesting....and targets should NOT switch....there for the player's who's target was killed should automatically win because their target was killed off..does it matter who killed them off? 

The reason why I bring this up is you can some very exciting consequences and game play if you don't switch targets....for example:

You can have a Mr and Mrs Smith scenario.  You can have 5 a player assassin game with 2 are each other targets...makes it for a more exciting game play. Or even a 9 player game can have 2 Mr and Mrs Smith couples...or not, of course the targets are assigned randomly and because of this randomness, you can have Mr and Mrs Smith couples as a consequence.

You can also have a scenario that everyone teams up to prevent a kill. Suppose one player is down to 1 territory, everyone can surround that player for protection. The different scenarios are just endless and non-boring. The key is to keep the balance of the game. It also brings table talk to a whole new level and players will actually pay attention to the game log to to figure out who is after who instead of complaining about their dice. 

Just a possible good tweak to the assassin game....instead of the current variation of deathmatch.

My 2 cents....:)
Hoodlum wrote:
i think d12's assassination mode is the best version of any risk site. it deserves an award, :)