• 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Space Invader wrote:
What if there was a "No Points" option in the create game page?
Why a game without points?

- Some players might wants to try new strategies and tactics but if they'll do it in a normal game there's a possibility to ruin it.

- New players would have the chance to learn the game and the site without destroying other player's rank. It could also be obligatory for the new players to play a few no points games before they would be able to join normal games.

- Other players might wants to enjoy the game without the stress of winning/losing points, which often leads to desperate moves with unfair outcome. Of course, there's the option for a player to go unranked, but that's something else and it doesn't really help, or it can help but only if all the players in a game are unranked.

- Players who cares a lot about their rank, might want sometime to play with others, lower ranked players, just for fun but they're afraid to do it because it's not worthy it (many points to lose/little points to win). 
Matty wrote:
This is a good request, asked quite a number of times before (see for example this topic).

It's quite high on my personal list, but for now I first want to look at getting the speed at peek times better.
Still, we'll get this one soon-ish.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Robinette wrote:
Ahhh... like poker without REAL money... it DOES change THAT game typically in a neg way, but probably a good idea here.
This would be more like playing an unrated game Chess.

I like it.