games where no points are awarded or lost, true fun gameplay
  • 49 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Votazap wrote:
OKay, I have played many games here before and have noticed myself stressing over losing points. It would be wonderful if we had games where no points would be awarded or lost. This feature, i imagine, would be easy to implement and would be awesome to those that stress about points or just dont want to lose any. Feedback please
Cireon wrote:
The code is half there already, there were just some reasons to not implement it... or not enough reasons to do...

I can image that they want to limit the amount of "pointless" games per player and that would require more code again and it will also AGAIN make everything more complex and blah blah blah. I am personally not sure if it's worth it, but I will just wait and see what happens.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
I think it's worth it. I think it would result in players playing more games.

I personally would play more live games. Normally I avoid playing with absolute noobs because they are too unpredictable and I therefore can't make plans that will ensure my victory. But if the game was pointless then I would just play for fun and not care if I get over attacked and I could help the noobs learn not to over attack in the end game instead of just being mad at them.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Yeah, maybe we could get some kind of weekly training game for new players to play/observe. I'd probably learn a lot too.
Matty wrote:
If this gets implemented I have to look really well before joining a game.
Because if I manage to win against alot of players, and it turns out in the end to be a pointless games (I see the topics coming: hey staff, I didn't get my points - hax!!!), than that's pretty stupid...

So yes, there are some situations where I would like pointless games - if you want to teach a player how to play 1 vs 1 you can ask staff to revert the points (just be sure to have proof that both players want to, or better, ask them on beforehand).

And the code is not half there - the only thing that is there is a column in the game table and the corresponding getter and setter.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Matty - Apr 27, 03:42 AM
And the code is not half there - the only thing that is there is a column in the game table and the corresponding getter and setter.
So basically halfway there? :D

I think pointless games should clearly not be the default option and IF it get's implemented, a notification should be added to the "select colour to join" windows stating that you will NOT get points for the game. I would also limit the amount of pointless games to 1 for non-premium and maybe 3-5 for premium members, as we don't want everyone playing without any points, because that in my opinion would take the fun away a lot.
(Maybe you can even limit it to x a month)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Votazap wrote:
@cireon, no I don't think there should be a limit per month. Plus, I don't particularly like getting stressed about points(not a big deal losing points but can be annoying). Plus I think it can be fun teaching new users how to play, It sucks though when they make a mistake causing you to lose to another new user resulting in you losing a massive amount of points just because that new player made mistake. Wouldn't be more fun if you didn't lose points???
Cireon wrote:
Yes yes, sure, but I am just afraid that people are going to use pointless game all the time and that takes the fun away from the games for me. If you only want to have pointless games for teaching other players, which is fine by me, just ask a moderator to return the points afterwards, it's just a click of a button.
Votazap wrote:
Moderators are not always online and some players get annoyed when you tell them the points are going to be returned. I think there will be a decent amount of pointless games but I think there will still be a balance (most likely much more) of games with points.Most players want to rank up and it will probably be the majority of higher ranked players that will actually participate in pointless games. I could be wrong but that's my guess.
Cireon wrote:
If the higher ranked players all gonna do pointless games, that means that other people can't rank up as fast any more, because they can only play against "noobs".
Votazap wrote:
First, "noobs" very rarely beat high ranked players unless its 2p. Also, I am a decently high ranked player and I would still play point games but I would definitely play pointless games so I could really enjoy the game(no stress about points.
Fendi wrote:
Even if a moderator/admin is not on, a message can still be sent to them asking to return the points for a certain game. Just make sure to mention in the game, preferably first thing in the chat that it is a point-less game or whatever you choose. Just make sure that the players understand that no points will be rewarded or lost.