• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
mmacfreier wrote:
My friends and I are trying to make a password protected game, but it says that we've used them all up. What is the limit on these for non-premium members?
mmacfreier wrote:
One of our group had 0 games going and still couldn't start a new one. Possible bug?
jr502 wrote:
Posting for those who may check this thread in the future. I did some following up on this topic and received some useful information. You can find those posts here and the 5 or 10 posts that follow it:
https://dominating12.com/forums/6/suggestions-feedback/771/interface-changes/post/60799#post-60799
jr502 wrote:
Hello everyone. I took the very helpful comments on the other thread from Cireon and AlexCheckMate and I combined them and slightly edited them to create this Q&A about the limit on pw protected games. I cannot vouch that this is 100% exactly accurate. 

I consider this to be a draft document, and I hope the admins can confirm/correct the information here.  I can already see some lack of clarity in this draft -- the terminology of an "active" game is not clear. In the first Q/A it says "currently active" but later I have used "active" to mean a game that is not Pending. So... my draft already needs some cleanup. But I am going to let it sit for now.

The Limit on Password Protected Games (Free Accounts)

Q: What is the maximum number of password protected games?

A: For free players, the maximum is 1 password protected game currently active. So it is not a daily limit, but a limit on the number of games you can have open simultaneously.

(TBD: it may only count games you have created. You should be able to JOIN as many PW protected games as you want, subject to any other limitations.)

Q: What are pending games and do they also count against your limit?

A: Yes, you may have no active games in play, but you do have a (passive) game pending with a password on it; therefore you are at your limit and not eligible to create another. Pending games are games that haven't started yet because they're still missing players. They count towards your maximum of password protected games. 

Q: Is it possible to reduce the count against your limit by ending a pending password protected game that was created but never played and has no players?

A: PW protected games that don't get any other players are automatically ended after some time. You can also leave them and they will be ended automatically.

Pending live games won't last too long if there are no players actively maintaining a presence on the game, waiting for the number of players to fill up. Otherwise, the game automatically ends.

Pending Long Term games stay pending for 30 days.

Once you LEAVE such a game, it's no longer pending for YOU.

Q: Are there limits for Premium Members

A: No. Premium members can play unlimited password protected games.
https://dominating12.com/account/premium

Cireon wrote:
Can we summarise this into a single question and answer? Right now we only have about a dozen Q&A, so this would add a lot about just a single subject.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card