Just a suggestion
  • 28 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Matty wrote:
How'd you do 1m turns? I looked in the database and you didn't hack one B|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
i did it in the mod panel..reset timer.  bit hectic for me, playing at the same time lol
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Ah
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
A question. and some feedback, as I know the programmers don't play sametime. in a sametime game /chained fortification game, why does it take a few seconds for it to display the end fortification, (it can take a few seconds to register which looks like it is lagging)whereas in an unlimited fortification game, fortifying is quite smooth and immediate?
I am guessing it's because in a chained game that triggers end turn.
Cireon wrote:
You would be correct.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Spartakus wrote:
if you can set up a 1.5 minut (100 seconds) that will be nice :) That"s enough for 1 round, all same time players will agreed ;)
Cireon wrote:
I am a bit scared doing that, because that will hammer the server a lot. Same time games are still considered beta, so we haven't really optimised for them either, so this could end very badly.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
Maybe after we have websockets working, but definitely not before that. Simply too much pressure on the server.
Might take a while though.
Cireon wrote:
With our current user base, we're already struggling keeping the server responsive. One minute turns would cause too much load to the servers. We need many more premium subscriptions to pay for a better server, and a lot of man hours to harden our concerns, to make this happen.
Hoodlum wrote:
could this option be limited to premium users?
i think it'd mainly be an option for sametime players, which we aren't many. maybe it would attract premium subscribtions
Cireon wrote:
I think we would have a problem if games can only be joined by premium players, since same time games are already hard to fill up.
Also, we still just need a better coding backend to deal with the faster turns.