• 19 posts
  • Page 2 of 2
Cireon wrote:
Nobody here has ever claimed that you don't have the right to have your account deleted. If that is what you want, then we are indeed required under several laws to comply. However, there is no requirement that this needs to be an automated process. For a relatively small site like this, it would be a lot of extra work if we need to build infrastructure for all these requests. It's much more economical to handle these requests as they come in.

In this case, I was informing as to the exact requirement of why edmondtheknight wanted their account deleted, since that informs the requirements we need to ensure we meet to fulfil their request.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
farspaceplace wrote:
As regarding the teamplay he mentions:

There is a site (I think its Major Command or something similar), cant remember as i havent been there for years:..
But the point is, in team games YOU Can give ur reinforcements to other members of your team, at THE START of ur round, (and you can decide how many, and to whom and keep some yourself) - so potentially you can give some to all your team mates and yourself, if u fancy at the start of u round. (There can be 6 members on yr team, if i remember correctly)....at the end of round I think u can only move once - like on d12 x numbers of troops to y. But i cant remember for certain.

....and YOU Can make "diplomacy" deals. eg you send a request for truce between mexico and california fx to another player, for a number of rounds specified by your choosing. If the offer is accepted, it is impossible, (if i remember correctly), to attack at all between the borders for said amount of rounds. (If the border is somehow violated by another player taking fx mexico - then the truce is over).
I think thats what he ´s looking for.

Its a matter of taste. The diplomacy " truce" might not be to your liking, but i do like the idea of being able to use ur reinforcements on other team members at the beginning of round. But it does alter the "game flow" for good or worse.
So its not "better", - just a dif version.
dough_boy wrote:
You can already do the first thing. You can give all or none to you or your partner with no restrictions.

The second one technically you can do if you do it in the chat. There is nothing preventing them to attack, but it is possible to form a truce.

I would argue in a team game against other teams this shouldn't be allowed
ericjkline wrote:
Maybe it’s possible to just eliminate or change the players email address to a nothing address. I’m new to the site. The teams seems OK, but the 9 player limit in games limits the team options. I’ve played some formats that allow a pretty large amounts of players. 6 teams of 4 or 4 teams of 6 were particularly fun on huge maps. But I’m excited about the maps and FOW and capitals formats here.