West Australia
India
Irkutsk
Greenland
Western US
Scandinavia
-My name is Gladiator.
4myGod wrote:
chris - A normal account can only play 4 games at once, and no speed games, same as "other sites", whereas an Advanced user can play unlimited games and speed games. We are pretty much saying we don't mind "moochers" playing here, however if they are going to play here a lot we want them to pay to make the site better.

Alright, I will add those then as the initial starting territories. The two game types will most likely be available in the next update, I don't think I can finish it by this update.
skanska wrote:
seems alright to me sfh,

chris, cash points can buys new game types and ranks, "advanced membership" would be towards more "responsibilities" ie: being able to put passwords on games, have ability to start clans, apply for leadership positions on the site should they be needed, and god knows what else we plan on cooking up to win this argument ^_^
chris wrote:
Fair enough. I've been meaning to get a job anyway.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
Anyone have an idea of what the icon could look like for a capital territory?
chris wrote:
Do you mean like a variation on the troops circle or some graphic on the territory itself? I think the circle would be easier to do, personally, because of space requirements.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
wca wrote:
I think changing the circle to a star would work well. As long as it doesn't interfere with how easy it is to read the number of armies on the territory.
sfhbballnut wrote:
star sounds simple enough, just have to be a noticeable enough difference
-My name is Gladiator.
4myGod wrote:
The star would have to be colored to the color of the player, and for colors like black it might be alright to see the number of troops and still see the star, but for colors like white and yellow and pink it might be harder to see the troop number.

Perhaps adjusting the circle. I was thinking a star on the outer borders of the circle, as wca suggested, and just not filling in the middle so you can still see the troop counts, however that's already being used for a highlighted attacking territory.

So it shouldn't be bigger than 36x36px. Also we want to still be able to see the troop number. We also need to somehow make it so that it too has a selected image for attacking from and attacking to. It also needs to still show the color of the player. I worked on it for a couple hours then was stumped. I was thinking to make a grayish-white outer circle around the regular circle, doesn't really look like a capital, looks more like a selected territory. Perhaps I can switch them.

Any ideas?
sfhbballnut wrote:
some sort of border surrounding the current circle might work....like a ruffled edge of a slightly different color shade
-My name is Gladiator.