• 36 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Matty wrote:
If I'm playing a true fog game with Fendi, Cireon and Wetchester, than I know in a couple of turns who has which colour.

Simply because I've played Fendi and Cireon very often, and because Wetchester has a very recognizable playstyle.

Similarily, if we allow chatting, I'd immideately recognize if bluebird005vis is playing along.

So I think if this gets implemented that at least we shouldn't know who's playing, just colours, no names at all.
Disabeling chat would be good too, but that would take away ALOT from teh gameplay, so persons like Vexer and Bluebird should just not use their chat like they usually do, or they have a small disadvantage I guess.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Sygmassacre wrote:
Everyone is assuming everyone is gonna play fair. I see opportunities for some underhanded teaming using PM e.g. Create game-invite friend-wait for unsuspecting flies to walk into web. Very easy to have an alibi by saying "its total fog, i dont know who im attacking or what's going on"....almost impossible to police.

Having said that it still has potential for a great game option
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
bluebird005vis wrote:
You will allways doubt who you are playing even if their style is similar.
Besides, clever players might copy the playingstyle and/or behavior of other well known players.

Oh, and matty, do you really think I would find it hard to take on another " chat style "?
Here's 1 for you you might recognise ;)
Whenever I win a " big battle " I go jajaja in the chat.
Other than that I never use the chat.
Did you guess alejandroz15?
And it's really easy to fake you only know a few words of english, just ad si? at the end of every line you write.
Or you might start to order everyone around and threaten to suicide every 5 or so rounds, that would be Naxyr.
If you want to do a nice impression of oxen all you need to do is put <3 in every sentence and put in a few links to youtube videos showing something related to another players username and call them constipated if they reply.
If you want to immitate lifeinpixels all you need to do is claim that another player is close to winning and that someone should do something about it soon, a lot of players will confuse that 1 with you matty but then again your chat and playing style is very similar ;)
If you want to make the other players think you are madmerlin just put the word vindictive in any sentence.
Want people to think your a newbie?
Just ask a silly obvious question in the chat like : how many different trade cards are there or say something like : it's the 1st time I've played on this map when you are playing on world expanded map.

The point is it's remarkably easy to disguise yourself and perhaps we should have both options, total fog with chat or without.
That gives the more creative players another tool to use and abuse ;)
bluebird005vis wrote:
As for Sygmassacre's comments regarding cheating, well who's to say this isn't going on in all the gametypes we are playing right now.
I will give you an example.
I live in belgium but my brother lives in bulgaria.
We could easily team up and it would be nearly impossible for the admins to find out.
If we were really clever we would even eliminate each other every now and then so we wouldn't arrouse suspision.

You don't even have to be in different countries.
I'm sure there are players that treat players with the same nationality allmost as a teammate and avoid attacking each other.
And there is the fact that some players get along great with each other and they form a sort of natural alliance after a while.
The opposite is also true and everyone has experienced this that after a while you develop enemies even if you don't want to.
Other than players who use the same IP address it is almost impossible to detect teaming.
Some players even change their username and account every now and then as not to get a reputation.
Matty wrote:
It is not that impossible to detect ;)

Also, after a true fog game is ended, the right player names will be shown, as will be all LOG info.
So this won't help cheaters much, just like normal FOG games.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria