• 39 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I think if you make the porcentages lower than 35% the "suicide" attacks will increase a lot, and once the eternal games problem was solved we would have a new one: too fast and too lucky (the player who has the turn after the risky attacker would have many chances of victory).
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Cireon wrote:
What about...

2p - 55%
3p - 60%
4p - 55%
5p - 52.5%
6p - 50%
7p - 47.5%
8p - 45%
9p - 42.5%

For World Expanded (91 territories) this means (I have put the amount of territories you start with in brackets behind)

2p - 51 [30]
3p - 55 [30]
4p - 51 [22]
5p - 48 [18]
6p - 46 [15]
7p - 44 [13]
8p - 41 [11]
9p - 39 [10]

Another option would be

2p - 55%
3p - 60%
4p - 55%
5p - 50%
6p - 45%
7p - 40%
8p - 35%
9p - 30%/35%

2p - 51 [30]
3p - 55 [30]
4p - 51 [22]
5p - 46 [18]
6p - 41 [15]
7p - 37 [13]
8p - 32 [11]
9p - 28/32 [10]

BUT, in the second case, I think it is too easy to win. The first one seems quite okay. Yes, is is still hard to win in 6-9 players, but more players also means less chance to win, so I think it could work. Feel free to suggest something else though ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
The_Bishop wrote:
I like the second one, very simple and clear and... low enough.
We will see what Matty thinks.

@Muzuane - I guess that problem is more about increasing games and this gametype is more suitable to fixed or low capped games.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
@Bishop, you are right, that risk is more likely in increasing games, but I don't agree with you that this gametype doesn't suit capped games above 25 (or even increasing games); actually I think it suits pretty well because games have an evolution: First turns bonus are important, then (when sets are high) bonus are not so important and you need to get a card but you have the limitation of not leaving "1`s" behind your borders.
There is a way I would like to play with small percentages (but it would be much more difficult to win), you have to hold that amount of countries for one complete round, wich means that you need many tries to get it.

@Cireon, I like the first option of your last post.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Cireon wrote:
@Bishop: In the second option, you can win a 9 player game by killing two other players. I think that makes it just too easy and will only make people suicide more.

I think the first option is better balanced between fast games and strategy. But yeah, Matty was the one suggesting the change, so let's wait for him to say what he thinks of this.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Matty wrote:
I think we should not cut off too much right away.

If this doesnt help enough, we can always lower it again, but if it turns out to stimulate suiciding, we have some ruined games.

I like this one (Cireon's first suggestion):
2p - 55%
3p - 60%
4p - 55%
5p - 52.5%
6p - 50%
7p - 47.5%
8p - 45%
9p - 42.5%

8 territories is quite alot, but hopefully not too much.

Remember that if one person times out early, it should make the game unbalanced, so you want some margin I guess.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
The_Bishop wrote:
@Muzuane - I never tried Domination with increasing cards (not capped). Your proposal to hold the territories one turn can be very interesting.

@Cireon - If well played I think it's very hard to kill 2 players when you receive 8 or 15 troops per set or even 25 in a large map. Normally the game will never reach a killery phase.

But, well, we are speaking about common games in which usually some newbies makes moves that can ruin the game... Since I agree to not low too much the percentages.

As Matty said, we can always lower it again.
Cireon wrote:
The percentages have now been changed. If your game was affected by it, there should be a chat message. This only affects running games with six players or more.

I will keep collecting feedback with these new percentages. Please note that for now the Domination game mode will remain in beta.
The_Bishop wrote:
I can't give you more feedback on %'s because I have not played for months.

@Muzuane - Please delete what I said because I changed my mind. It is not true that Domination is not suitable for increasing games. I tried it and it's funny!

Very different strategy. I mean you don't need to kill, since it is not so useful to bank troops in a single territory anymore. Doing that you would only help your opponents to win, but wait, it can still be useful to make a winning shot. So the game is higher in complexity and faster. I like it!