games where no points are awarded or lost, true fun gameplay
  • 49 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
marcoxa wrote:
i don't know if this is too much work, but what if we had a separate game room just for pointless games? it could be a premium thing if you want. this room will have automatically created games with no points. say about 3-4 new games a day or so. this way we can't have an infinite amount of these games while also not having to hassle with messages. and the best part is that you or any other moderators would have to do anything 
Votazap wrote:
No I don't like that idea at all. First if it was pre-created and you couldn't make one it would be a little annoying. Also, I think it should be a non-premium option.
mellorine wrote:
what if the game was not completely pointless? like people that lost would not lose any points but the winner could be rewarded a set amount of points that is not necessarily too much like maybe 10 points or something? that way more people would be motivated to actually win without stressing about losing points if they lost. it would also in turn reduce the amount of people that would suicide just because they wouldnt lose any points
tryitonce wrote:
in dominategame.com you have games without points; i have played thousands there (but not games without points) because i tell you; when you play a game like that its mostly total risk all around; all act wildly for you won't loose any points; so who cares; and thats no fun
Hoodlum wrote:
Pointless games. I think the solution is just making 1v1 games pointless.

TP_knighty has started playing again after some absence, he was right up there with rank but played a lot of 1v1 games on return, and that rank has just declined. This is just an example of why 1v1 games should be pointless. The best rank you probably will ever achieve if you mainly played 1v1 games will be in the Lieutenant range. Your never going to be able to play in that "best if the best" d12 game unless you start to become a 1v1 avoider, and avoid risky game settings/players. The d12 game may be missing out on deserved active players who play lot's of 1v1 games, but probably play/win just as many multiplayer games as the current high rankers. You rarely see a top ranker join in a quicky 1v1 game, or dabble in a sametime game to learn it because of how much points they could lose, and because they didn't wanna give it a try when they first started. You can learn everything you need to know about sametime in a 1v1 sametime game or any other setting for that matter. If 1v1 games were pointless then players might give sametime a go, and staff wont get high rankers requesting for an extra account or some practice games to learn game settings they didn't want to earn their stripes for when they first joined. Getting high rank at the moment just discourages activity. 1v1 pointless games! Pretty sure most 1v1 only type players don't care much about their rank or the points system. 
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dough_boy wrote:
+1 Or maybe they are worth less, or they just don't count towards d12. Also you could argue that the same holds true for 2v2 games (pairs). I have found that generally the team that goes first wins...even if I have a partner who understands how to play and is an active communicator.
Cireon wrote:
I can see your point, 1v1 games do have a fairly big randomness factor. However, there are users on the website that play 1v1 games (almost) exclusively, and by making 1v1 pointless, you prevent them from ever having a chance to get a higher rating. That doesn't seem entirely fair either.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
What about the old skill points formula we had once, which could just calculate 1v1 games only to give incentive points for 1v1 exclusive players. A separate ranking points system. Call it something like Dual points/rank?
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
I'd like a seperate ranking system.
The danger is that we're going to have a seperate ranking system for every little setting*, but this one really is different yes.

Ultimately I would like to have a best capital player of the month, best 1v1 player of the month etc., but that's probably a long way of.

Fog same-time capitals with no cards on carribean are really different!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Kyla wrote:
With 1v1 higher ranked people may want to play if they don't lose so much (if they win they get like 9 points, but lose 30 ish in defeat). I like Hoods suggestion too :p
Matty wrote:
Kyla
With 1v1 higher ranked people may want to play if they don't lose so much (if they win they get like 9 points, but lose 30 ish in defeat). I like Hoods suggestion too :p
This already is the case - if you win you get only 9, if you lose, you lose only 9. Playing a single 2-player game is not the problem.
The problem is playing many of them.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dimceto wrote:
This wasn't discussed for so long so let me open it again as a fan of unrated games.
I would really like to see it as an option for the future games because by my thoughts that will make more games to be played, maybe those will be pointless but the fun for the players will be still there.

As I saw in the previous comments it was high priority and already half implemented so why to not see it in the future?
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I personally would love casual games (purchased with tokens). It would definitely encourage me to bring people I know in real life to the site. If I want to play with people I actually know, I use an app, since they never ever let me win ^^ If there were casual games I think a lot of veteran players would be more likely to bring friends to the site.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
I do like the idea of this feature costing tokens if it is not a premium only feature. I think that there would be a lot of programming involved to make this an option which is why it is not a feature yet. I am pretty sure it is up there on the to do list, though.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I have put this offer out there before, though. It is time consuming but if someone wants to set up and agreed upon no points/stats game they can just send me the details via PM when setting it up before it starts and I will reverse the game stats when it is over but it must be set up with me beforehand in order to avoid any confusion and so I can keep track of such games.

If someone wants to invest the time setting up a game like that and contact me first before they do to discuss the guidelines, I will gladly volunteer my time in helping out in making it happen. I am not a programmer but I can spend a little time helping in making it possible to play such a game in the meantime.

In fact, it might actually help determine just how wanted this feature is and if it does in fact encourage more integration of players if I get swamped with game proposals of this nature!

So, for a limited time only for now, I will do this and not charge extra tokens other than the normal tokens required to join a game as it is set up currently. This may change but I will make everyone aware of it in this thread first if it does.

Checking my inbox already...
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."