Your opinion
  • 22 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
lider wrote:
I got this message today. Its from one of our administrators :
" It has come to the knowledge of the Administration that you are creating multiple accounts on the site. It is against our rules to make multiple accounts for the sole purpose of cheating to gain an advantage. It is also against our rules to specifically target a certain player just to get back at them. That is a form of harassment and it will not be tolerated. I would like to hear why you have been making multiple accounts and I need a list of all the accounts you have created. Failure to comply with our requests can result in further punishment up to and including a ban from the site for violation of our rules."

Think this topic is very important for the functioning of this site, its members and new members who will come in future. This is the main reason i made this message public. And now i shall reply.

@ Administration: I have one more account. "Joca". Check out my standings and you will see that i did not cheated (did not played versus this account). My secondary account has been made, because of the "breaking the site record" (number of games you have played, before you got your first star- Warrant Officer rank)... I mean, i am aware that you know all this stuff(from your sources) and that you PM-ed just to remind me who is the boss here. I dont have anything against that, its ok. Also i have replied on your message so i could start this topic, otherwise i probably would not and probably you would ban me from this site. :) And then what? Another account?

Main question here is what people have against multiple accounts? As long as you are not using them as form of a cheating, i personally think everything is fine. There are few more things i want to make clear about creating multiple accounts, but i already said too much. Now i want to hear from you guys (random members), administrators, and from those who kept "public prosecution" against me for a past few days, what is your opinion...
Crystal wrote:
Lider,
Personally I dislike multiple accounts for many reasons.

Firstly, how fair is it for some people to pay to play more than 5 games, while others choose to just create more accounts? In my opinion, anyone who creates a second account to beat system, is cheating.

Secondly, I'm currently just a sergeant, and like most people on the site would love to move up in rank. If I play you, and am lucky enough to win, I'd like the points to come from your "lider" account, because it is of higher rank than your other account, I'd earn (and deserve) those points. As an example, when I play and beat Vexer (doesn't happen often) I know that it was a hard-earned win and value those points. Playing against a basic, I earn fewer points and feel greedy in taking them.

And lastly, I once quit this site because too many high ranking players were intentionally playing throw away games, using a second account for games they really didn't seem to care about the results for. I personally like to follow Fendi's motto, and "play to win" If you want to play against me, I'd always like to know that I'm a player worth playing against. If I'm only worth your throw-away account, I don't want to play against you.

And Lider, I know you are not the only one protecting their high-ranking account, I'm actually glad you admitted that you are doing it.

Crystal
Thorpe wrote:
Lider has never denied that he has two accounts and is open about it. Unless I am missing something.
Check the rules if he can not have 20 accounts as long as he does not cheat.
I was told some players like to play live games with one and long term with the other and that was ok.

Just tell Paddlin and Diddly to shhhh..........
LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
Thorpe you are a bit outdated. We now frown upon all multiple accounts because of the arguments crystal presented.

Now lider's case is a bit different than the common use of multiple accounts. He created a second account so that he could try to get to warrant officer with it in fewer games than anyone else has.

I welcome a discussion on this topic. Please share your opinions.
The_Bishop wrote:
I know Lider is an honest player. He never cheated. I like a lot how he play and I look forward to play with him again. I think someone really made a public persecution against him. When I did read that massage published: "I will make 5 more accounts and get you down to basic", I was sure it was not a real intention... Just an hilarious sentence.

In the opposite side I know the admin makes his job. He can't block all the multiple accounts, so he sent you a message, Lider. I don't think he wanted to remind you who is the boss. He just remarked you what are the rules.

I can't see the problem of a double account, as long as it is not for cheating. Triple or more is very suspicious. I think the site should not allow a double login from the same IP address: a player can have 2 accounts but he can't use them contemporaneously; as in the most of the sites.

The limit to 5 games really is like to have no limit. We can say DXII is totally free!
That's another important problem to discuss about.

The points you get when you win someone are relatively. That problem is not linked with double accounts, the problem is with every new account in the site. Many new players are coming: they start Basics but you can't know if they are beginners or experienced players.

Throw-away games are a real problem. I think "play to win" is not a Fendi's motto, but a rule of the site. Crystal, you have the right to report them to the admin. For example Thorpe made victory-gifts for everybody except me! And he used his main account! LOL

Well, I reached the "white star" in 10 days from Corporal 1st class to Warrant Officer. Can you beat my record, Lider? I don't think so! :P Honestly I had been lucky. This game is half based on skills and half on luck. This is the reason why I don't mind the rank anymore. I play with everyone from Basic to General. My motto is "play for fun"!

Finally, I think Lider should apologize with the site for not respecting the rule and the site should apologize with him for the treatment he received. And we all should think a method to block the real cheaters, not only the double accounts, but also the friends which make alliances in the games.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
I defenitely think the site should allow multiple logins from the same IP.
Sometimes my friends come over to my place (or I to theirs) and we play a live game of risk.
So even though we are different ppl, we do use the same IP adress, and at the same time, even in the same game.

Still, its completely fair to do.

But about Lider. I've played a number of games with him, and for as far as I know he's a fair and sportive player, so I would like to just give him the possibility to try the record with Joca, and than switch over the points and statistics back to the Lider account. Just for fun.

If you want to ill do the statistic switching when he broke the record (or failed to do so).

It might be more fair to not to play with the Lider account untill he has done so. What do you guys think?

P.S. Who has the current record? Killrick?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lider wrote:
Crystal wrote: "And lastly, I once quit this site because too many high ranking players were intentionally playing throw away games, using a second account for games they really didn't seem to care about the results for. I personally like to follow Fendi's motto, and "play to win"
Who said that am playing throw away games with my second account? My second account is even better than the first one (Lider). And I always playing to win...otherwise why would i play? :P

@ The_Bish : I wont apologize, because i didnt violated the rules of this site.

@ Matty : YES! :) Its Killrick with his 89 games. Really great job.
Matty wrote:
When did you look at killrick's rank.
Are you sure he couldnt get the rank with less games?

It will be hard to beat his record, goodluck!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
I didn't read everything...

I think the problem of having two accounts is somebody would have to constantly check that you weren't playing against yourself...
Paddlin wrote:
Public persecution lol... Lider is definitely the victim here. I made Lider/Joca's direct quotes available to other members so that they can choose to hold him accountable or not. I also made the game number available so that members like Bishop could go see that it was in fact malicious and not made out of jest. If the admin are going to allow multiple accounts, then they should list all of the members who are doubling up so that other members, such as myself, can avoid them with password protected games.

As far as having accounts, I think Crystal said it really nicely. Allowing multiple accounts undermines the premium memberships that others have paid for. If a player wants to create a new account and start over, then he/she should file for a request to the admin, and this should be made publicly known. As I mentioned to lider/joca in a private message, I myself had multiple accounts at one point (to see if I was being over-attacked by name/rank). I wish I hadn't done it in retrospect.

What is also absurd is the very premise for lider/joca's actions. The idea that a new account will set site records is hilarious. I don't think a new account is going to make lider/joca magically better. It is just his efforts to manipulate the point system now that he has been on the site for awhile. If Vexer or ThaiThai created a new account, and played many of these games with lider/joca, then his rank pursuits would be entirely abolished by basic level players who obtain a disproportionate amount of points (in relation to their actual skill) from him.

Point being, the players who are good at this game know who else is good at this game. Making a new account won't fix that.
Fendi wrote:
I couldnt agree more with Crystal.

What happens if you fail to break the site record? Will you create a third account and continue doing so until you reach your goal?
marcoxa wrote:
plus we cant keep making exceptions for people. if we want new people to follow the rules than we need to be good examples. 
Thorpe wrote:
Vexer if I am outdated then it is my bosses fault!
You better ban me from this site cause I have two accounts myself and I have two other accounts that log in at this IP address.
So if we can not keep making exceptions for people..we have to ban Fendi...Vexer...and myself from this site.

We should never be so firm in the rules we can not make exceptions.

Plus my other account got jumped from basic to Staff Sargent cause an Admin jumped the gun and so I HAVE THE RECORD!!!!!!

lider you go for that record! Not killrick's!

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
1771 wrote:
This topic makes me appreciate my new title. Consultant....lol. Love that. I do :) Really do.

Here's my thoughts Joca/ lider. I understand and appreciate your desire to be the best, to set records. To be Risk Champion. Been there, still kinda am. I mean really who on here isn't here to win. Yes it's just a game...ha ha. But everyone that plays any game wants to win, some may take losing better than others, some may not. So deep down Fendi's motto is everyones motto.

I don't really know what type of player you are brother, but I like the competiveness. I know that you have not used your accounts at the same time to win a game. That I also appreciate. If you did, I am more than certain we wouldn't even been talking, both accounts would or should of been banned by now.

So please know that I understand everything you have said and why. You have some good points. You want to win, be the best. Cool, I dig that. But how a person becomes Champion, and what makes a person a true Champion is the things he/she done to get there. This "Championship" that you are talking about is already tainted with controversy and a little deceit. I mean think about it my friend, if this was baseball, any other sport or game, and one was discovered to have broken rules to earn it their title would be instantly stripped. Even 1 rule, and it would be gone. I like your eagerness to win, I really do appreciate it. By you being that type of guy I gotta ask, are you the type of Champion that breaks the rules to get there.

I checked you out, your honest. Because you admitted to the fact of having two accounts, you never played with them together, hell, right now you don't even have a total of 5 games going on between both accounts. I like all of that...But, if D12 allows you to do this, will the next person be as honest as you have been? Even if it was only 1 person out of 20 that used them in the wrong way would you want to take the chance in putting your rank on the line in a game with a person who has multiples? I doubt it, with your desire to have the best record. I know I wouldn't, can't think of anyone that would.

Also we have to think about the owners best interest as well, I am here to tell you Teck is not making no money with this site, he is actually spending money out of his pocket right now in hopes of one day making this site profitable. Everyone that has ever had any position here, it has been volunteer. So, by D12 allowing 1 person to be able to play more than 5 games without being a paid member, it effects him. Could eventually affect all of us. Also what about the people that have purchased a premium account because they want to be able to play more than 5 games within the sites rules, some will feel this is highly unfair, no matter what reasons you have.

My thoughts, a suggestion....Start fresh. Contact the administration, anyway you like. Say you would like to delete 1 account and create another. Simple. There is no controversy, there is no rules being broken, there is nothing that could ever taint your title. A true "Champion" If you asked me it would make you even more of a champion because you are putting it out there saying hey I am giving up this rank because I am going to beat this record that killrick has ( love that name ), then everyone knows it, and most likely it will even be harder. That's the type of Champion I personally would like for D12 to have. One with no controversy, nothing someone could say he / she earned their title by breaking any rule, no matter what the rule may be.

I personally agree with 4myGod, if a person has more than one account they should be notified of the rules, given the opportunity to decide which one they want to keep and go from there. If the person chooses not to comply after they have been notified they should be banned. This keeps D12 honest, and D12's Champion honest. Everything is fair to all players premium and non premium.

Holt wrote:
I personally was the one that sent that message to lider.

The premise of the message was to get him to tell me why he made the accounts and how many accounts were made. This was not me asking if he was cheating because if he was cheating with the two accounts we would have known about it and it would have been a completely different message. If you want to make this a public discussion that is fine with me as well.

My point in multiple accounts is basically what Paddlin and Crystal have already said. It's basically cheating the point system we have in place. If players play your weaker account they will complain that they are not receiving the points they should be awarded for beating you. Multiple players on the site will start making more accounts which will create serious problems in our ranking system.

Furthermore it destroys the system we have in place for 'Skill Level.' We are already having to think about new ways to revamp the 'Skill Level' on this site because so many players have been coming and going that if you dont play with a single account then it hurts the system. If you lose 20 games to say me and you win 5 games on your other account then that will make the other accounts skill level better which is still considered a form of cheating. You lose skill points on one screen name and turn around and benefit from losing those points to give them to another screen name. This is the main problem I am having with the multiple accounts.

I would still like to know how many accounts you have created and what their screen names are. It will create a lot less work in the long run of having to look them up later.