New ranking system
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Votazap wrote:
Hey I was thinking it would be cool if sometime in the next couple years we started a new ranking system and everyone would be a basic again. I know a lot of players (higher ranked) prob don't like this idea I just thought it'd be cool to start over ;)
Matty wrote:
Well why would you?
I mean, the good players will become good players again pretty soon anyway.
Except for the ones that used to be active but are not anymore.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Holt wrote:
Well I think the problem with this would be that we have already restarted the ranks once and the site is not even three years old. We can not just continue resetting the ranks it may start to upset people that have spent time here and worked hard on the rank that they have. I would assume that the only way the ranks may be reset is if it had to do with some sort of change in the way the ranking system is calculated. Which is something that was changed just last year.
Vexer wrote:
some day we will come up with a better ranking system that uses ideas from the old and new system combine kind of like the DXII score that i calculate. But it's still not perfect.

The main problem with the dxii score is that players who started off playing poorly but now play well are rated lower than someone who came to the site already a risk master. A new system might work better by only using the last 100 games to calculate skill level.
Thorpe wrote:
It would not really be fair to someone like Fendi that has worked so hard to move up for being a private so many times that it would be like going up hill again when she thought she was done fighting her way to the top!

She really has earned her spot and redoing the ranks would be one way to de-throne her...but why? Do we get to have a redo in life? Do not we live and learn or do we just say we get another try from the beginning...so why worry?

Why would you want to start over anyhow? Earn or lose your rank by playing better or by getting worst, and the way I losing I may be starting over anyhow...lol

Why fix something that is not broken? Do you want players to leave? Just remember the outcry on the last change of the ranks! Lost some good players on that one.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
i don't remember an outcry.

And it may not be broken but I don't believe in the philosophy of 'if it aint broke don't fix it' my philosophy is 'better is better.' If we can come up with a better, simpler ranking system then we should change it. We have to think of the future. Our system is overly complex and inaccurate. A new system would be better for new players. There are more future players than there are current players so we have to think about what is best for them if we want to grow the site.

All that being said it's not likely that we will ever change it because who has the time to do it? So don't worry thorpe, this is just talk.
Thorpe wrote:
I agree. But just to change it...no.

What ever we are doing we need to keep doing it.
I am all for better, which you have been doing it!

I have seen 35 members on which was unheard of before and now it hardly ever goes down below 10, when it was just 3 to 2 before and one of those was Fendi!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
BrewDog wrote:
How about an all time ranking (current) and a monthly or quarterly or annual ranking? That way the higher ranks will still be there and the newer players can get recognition they deserve for playing well. Perhaps a monthly top 10 with D12 freebees?? i.e. a six game for free players or some tokens.
marcoxa wrote:
i like it allot BrewDog. many games have an option to see who is top for all-time, month, and week.
BrewDog wrote:
Thanks marcoxa, I was really just trying to create work for Vexer. =)