Oregon U.S.A.
  • 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
1771 wrote:
Let's all set up a convention for next year, sound fun? Well we should make it happen, we will play at Thorpe's Cafe, maybe if it's ok with him. Is it ok Papa Thorpe :( ? Seriously it is a cool thought, and we could make it happen, for those that can't make it we could play live with them on D12, have like a huge tournament or something at same time. Play for like 3 days straight, eat and play 3 days....Sounds AWESOME!!!! Maybe even hold like a raffle for free premium $2.00 a ticket, generate a little money for the site at the same time, I can have shirts and hats made, maybe some sort of nice coat to raffle off too. I don't know just a thought, make some bucks and have some fun, maybe hire a programmer just to make certain options that we all want. We got alot of talented people here, any ideals or thoughts on this? And who would seriously be thinking of attending. I don't mean to make it seem about money, because it would be more about the fun and meeting as many D12 players as I could for me personally and if we could help the site at the same time then I am willing to step up and make some stuff happen as well as many others would I am more than sure. We should really try to make this happen...The Treckies do it :)
distributor wrote:
Sounds good. I would like to be there but...

Thorpe how many seats do you have in cafe?
Thorpe wrote:
I can get a bigger place if I have to. Look on facebook...Cafe 99 in Jefferson, Oregon
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
1771 wrote:
I am really serious about trying to make this happen, but I am curious who will come.
Vexer wrote:
if it's at thorpe's place and on a weekend afternoon or evening, i am there. you won't need a bigger place thorpe.

I think it would be better to postpone it until after we hit 500 active users. we will easily have that by june next year.
Thorpe wrote:
If we are going to make this happen then we need to plan. If we will have a contest to see who are the "Dominating 12" are and let no-one know who they are till the convention...that way we can do it yearly and unveil them at the yearly convention.

Just a reminder that there are old "Risk" board players out there in the world that know nothing about D12 or on-line risk games...I bet that there are more then 50 or more in our area alone ...waiting for something like what we have to offer. We need a campaign to recruit them. So let me know when the major bugs are fixed and I can start doing some recruiting in my area...hopefully with help from the local players. We need to make the steps on a list so each of us can pick them and do them. This is one place we can work as a team. lol

Lets put the ideas on paper so we will not forget them or go off doing our own thing and make a mess out of it. 1771 do you want to make the list? Vexer want to work on the graphics? I"ll work on the slogan.
Need to get the "poster" graphics to my venders so they can make the banners, then get the "public Announcements" to the radio stations in the state and newspapers. 

What do you think?

"Life is a game... Risk is serious!"
    Dominating 12.com
     On-line Gaming

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Teck wrote:
Wow, you guys are definitely impressive. Yes, why not we made it as our target till June next year and to make the site has at least 500 active users.

Then we can hold our own D12 Convention Day. As mentioned, we should have a plan. Okay let's us first setup an organizing committee and have it all plan up. Any guys interested to help up?

We can make this an important event. Once this is done, then we can have a contest or competition to bring some fun to the site.

Why are you guys thought?

p/s: In terms of how to promote the event, we should setup the committee first then discuss further.

Regards,
Teck
Paddlin wrote:
I would like to see a risk convention online first. How can we talk about a convention when we don't have live games going? 

Currently, we have a website that is operated by and utterly dependent upon Teck, who I have never seen in a live game. Yet, he comes into the forums and talks about and organizing committee. Teck, if you played the game, you would know that the organizing committee would compose the entirety of the convention. There is nothing to organize. 

This is not coming from a position of entitlement. I lack the skill set necessary to create and do the technical things Teck has done. I am critical because I care about playing the game and having a good community of players.  A convention would be fun, if it were a possibility.  

Thorpe wrote:
@Paddlin if you build it they will come...the member list gives only the active players. E-mail the ones that have been inactive for awhile and then they will play here again. New maps, new server and great players! Plus it takes a year to plan. The idea of meeting the other players is what you don't like? Plus you can use it as recruitment time for new players ... or we can just sit back and complain about all the things wrong and do nothing. Maybe the government would help us?...lol

1771 wrote:
LOL...The funny thing is I already started doing that, I e-mailed 50 of the old members Monday, right after switch over..I know of one of them that is back already :) rgenandt... a fierce opponent... One of the greats..WELCOME BACK !!!!! (If he reads this, which he most likely will, because he is an all around active player) I will do 50 more in the next couple days as well, when Fendi returns I am going to ask her for help which I am sure she will, and before to long hopefully we will see even more... I guess it's true great minds think alike ...LOL

One more quick thing....GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweep in St. Louis....won't even have to go to Milwaukee...It's cold there :(
1771 wrote:
I will next 50 D, I just started at the top and worked my way through, I stopped at rgenandt. Got one good name out of the first 50 though, so I am pleased...Shows progress and good ideal because it is working some :)
Thorpe wrote:
I also might get a grant from the Ford Institute For Community Building that is out of Medford which helps small towns to do improvements for their community... they may help with ads and prizes.
   1771 have you asked if we can get prizes from Hasbro and Avalon Hill for "Diplomacy", or maybe "Toys R Us"?