• 21 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Dsds7292 wrote:
A high school has a strange principal. On the first day, he has his students perform an odd opening day ceremony:

There are one thousand lockers and one thousand students in the school. The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it. Then he has the second student go to every second locker and close it. The third goes to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it. The fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on. After the process is completed with the thousandth student, how many lockers are open?
blockbuster19 wrote:
none,its a even number,therefore the first student opens them,next student closes them.it continues like this to a thousand(an even number)..therefore all the lockers are closed
Dsds7292 wrote:
I didn't say the Student closes all of them and the next student opens all of them
cody224 wrote:
I was actually gonna try this but after reading the part about the thousandth student I just kinda lost hope, lol.
thaithai wrote:
The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it.
=>first locker is used once by first student =>close
Then he has the second student go to every second locker and close it.
=>second locker is used twice by first and second student =>open
The third goes to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it
=>third locker is used 3 time by 3 student =>close
The fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on.
=>the fourth locker is used 4 time by 4 student=>open
after thousandth student action, there are 500 lockers closed and there are 500 lockers open
Dsds7292 wrote:
Incorrect, read Carefully. The second studet open lockers 2 4 6 8 10 ect. The third student opens/closes lockers 3 6 9 12.....
cody224 wrote:
Is it a simple answer or like a complex answer? Cause I read the riddle over a couple of times, and couldn't find anything like the last 2 riddles.
Pntbttr wrote:
Where in the world do you come up with these crazy riddles DS!